From the Sydney Morning Herald of all places. This is disturbing.

The problem I face is weariness with science-based dialogue partners like Richard Dawkins. It surprises me he is not chided for his innate scientific conservatism and metaphysical complacency. He won't take his depiction of Darwinism to logical conclusions. A dedicated Darwinian would welcome imperialism, genocide, mass deportation, ethnic cleansing, eugenics, euthanasia, forced sterilisations and infanticide. Publicly, he advocates none of them.

-- Tom Frame is Professor of Theology at Charles Sturt University

email: tframe@csu.edu.au, letters@smh.com.au

Forward to the appropriate organisations.

Tags: bullshit, creationism, darwin, evolution, propaganda

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My response. With great restraint.

===

Dear Professor Frame,

Could you please do us the courtesy of researching your subject matter before writing opinion pieces for respected newspapers. The title "Professor" no doubt helps you to achieve this, but it really is an abuse of your priviliged position. You write -

"The problem I face is weariness with science-based dialogue partners like Richard Dawkins. It surprises me he is not chided for his innate scientific conservatism and metaphysical complacency. He won't take his depiction of Darwinism to logical conclusions. A dedicated Darwinian would welcome imperialism, genocide, mass deportation, ethnic cleansing, eugenics, euthanasia, forced sterilisations and infanticide. Publicly, he advocates none of them."

Everything you've listed has nothing to do with Darwin, Dawkins, evolution or atheism. It has everything to do with organised religion through the ages and still persists today. Had a look at Africa lately ? Find one conflict that isn't religious at its core and carries out these atrocities daily with apparent divine consent.

At least one can be grateful you did not, in this instance, perpetuate the myth that Hitler was an atheist.

And to the SMH, I really expect more from an institution of your stature than to merely recycle superstitious mythology that is appearing far to often in publications whose credibility rests on their reputation.

Regards,

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service