Just wondering....   more than 30,000 members.  At most, I am guessing 20 or 30 or so post discussions or get involved in discussion.  Not that I keep track.

That's the size of a mega-church.  Sorry for the analogy.  It's about the size of the town where I grew up.  Also not a good analogy, that town was a sorry excuse for an over-sized septic tank.    Let's just say it's a lot of people.

Anyway, I wonder what happens for the folks who sign on and don't post.  I hope this site is useful for them.  I suppose if 30,000 people were all posting and discussing it would be kind of overwhelming.  Maybe page-views generate some funding for the site?

I also wonder about people who used to be very active, then....   poof!  vanished!  There are a bunch of them.  Did they get bored?  Found Jesus?  Get busy and no longer had time?  Found peace with being atheist, the need was met, move on?

Just speculating.  I sometimes welcome new members hoping to inspire involvement, and others do a lot more of that than I do.

Tags: Atheist Nexus, members, membership, past members, silent members

Views: 979

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

WB Deidre....Hope you feel  rested...:)

@Tom    Several years  ago  I vacationed in San Francisco..On  one day of my vacation, I went on  a tour to wine country and the Napa  Valley........OMG!!!!!   How beautiful it was....It was the first time  I ever saw those  Gigantic  Redwoods.....A sight to behold.....You are so fortunate  to live up that way Tom.....Especially in retirement......Enjoy!!!!!

I am indeed fortunate.

What irony; I was the right age for the government to send me from Florida to a war in Korea via California. The GI Bill helped me pay for college.

Then the paranoids on Wall Street and in government added two words to the Pledge and started overthrowing elected governments.

Wine country, Okanagan Lake BC Canada

That's beautiful Patricia.

So beautiful.  If I lived there I don't think I would ever want to leave.

My daughter lives there.

A beautiful valley carved out by the Ice Age and left with all that rich soil for agriculture. The rows of grapes love those conditions. As the Okanogan Lobe of the Canadian Ice Sheet scoured its way south, it left behind the gaps, such as seen in Patricia's photo, and incredibly deep lakes, Okanogan, Priest, and many others. The ice advanced and retreated, and there was a lobe that covered what is now Spokane, leaving its mark. The Missoula Flood is what really carved out Spokane. 

This looks odd to us because Canada spells it....Okanagan. My daughter lives in Westbank.....now renamed West Kelowna.

I haven't been as far north as Kelowna, but attended a professional conference at Penticton one summer. It was just lovely. I can't remember the name of the sea monster that is supposed to live in Okanagan Lake ... Oh I remember Ogopogo.

That's it.....& the stories still go on......

Beautiful it is.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service