Just wondering....   more than 30,000 members.  At most, I am guessing 20 or 30 or so post discussions or get involved in discussion.  Not that I keep track.

That's the size of a mega-church.  Sorry for the analogy.  It's about the size of the town where I grew up.  Also not a good analogy, that town was a sorry excuse for an over-sized septic tank.    Let's just say it's a lot of people.

Anyway, I wonder what happens for the folks who sign on and don't post.  I hope this site is useful for them.  I suppose if 30,000 people were all posting and discussing it would be kind of overwhelming.  Maybe page-views generate some funding for the site?

I also wonder about people who used to be very active, then....   poof!  vanished!  There are a bunch of them.  Did they get bored?  Found Jesus?  Get busy and no longer had time?  Found peace with being atheist, the need was met, move on?

Just speculating.  I sometimes welcome new members hoping to inspire involvement, and others do a lot more of that than I do.

Tags: Atheist Nexus, members, membership, past members, silent members

Views: 978

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The neighbors on the other side of me are not very talkative, and as I'm not very social, I very seldom talk to her, and talk to him about once every other week.  

One Sunday he said he had to go because his wife wanted for him to go to church with her.  Sounds like he's not religious, but was just going for the sake of getting along with her.  Other than that, they've not talked to me about religion and probably never will.

The neighbors across the street & down a couple of houses are the ones who have ''adopted'' us old farts & help us a lot. The catholic neighbors are good to us as well. The ones on the other side of the house are loud, rude, party jerks, with loud rude kids, & we dread it when they hit their teens in a few short years.

Some cats live close to me also. I'm not sure if they are Catholic.

I would guess they're not Catholic, as cats seem to rebel at getting baptized, even if it's just sprinkling.

Dontcha mean catlick?

lol

Funny Michael. Maybe you can turn the cats into atheist . Or, at least, agnostics.

I just returned from a session with my dental hygienist.  She's works in a dental office that is connected with the University, so she's not under pressure to get through as many patients as possible.  She's also a fast worker.  So, it all means we can spend a few minutes talking about gardening and other non-tooth related subjects.  Nice.

I always maintain that religion is easy to not talk about because there are soooooooooo many other topics. That's another reason I like A/N.......we don't have to have atheism as the only subject.

Yes, at first I talked about religion on AN quite a bit, but now I mostly enjoy just talking gardening and a little about food.

Yes, I think after you say what you need to say, other subjects can come up as everyone gets to know what we are without wearing it out.

Same when I had cancer. Everything was about cancer & it's treatment until it got boring, then other topics began to add themselves to the mix. My husband's bad heart.........& so on.

I've been keeping-up with most of the problems the regulars have, like cancer, but I don't respond much because I hardly ever know what to say other than sorry.  

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service