Loren's recent post on his Nexus post being quoted on CNN, without permission or even notification, led me to search on my image here.  Creepy!  I think this is the only place where I use this photo, because all "hits" came back to Nexus posts.  

What's really creepy is who the google search thinks I look like.

Strange.  I look just like...  (# 1 match)

Not true!  I never smoke!

or # 2 choice.....

Wow!  I don't think so! Or, scattered among the images that looked like mine:

or

or

or

or

or

These are my dopplegängers?  In some cases, I wish.  In other cases, really?

Still, the # of postings from nexus that DID identify my pic correctly is interesting.   Not sure what to say about that.

By the way Loren, I searched on your profile pic too. Here.  What can I say?  Most DO show a man of a certain age.  Still, do you think you look this match:

?

Tags: privacy

Views: 164

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No kiddin', Jay.  My point in all of this was not so much being discovered as being QUOTED.  I mean, check me on this, but when a reporter for a major news source (CNN) does stuff like that, he or she usually at minimum notifies the quoted party if not asks permission to use that quote, don't they?  Or have such usages become passe in a time when anyone can cut-and-paste?

At this point it's (relatively) old news and nothing has come of it, and as I've said before, had something come of it, I could most likely handle the fallout.  Still ... not being told or asked about using my words ... it rather strikes at my sense of MANNERS and courtesy, something any good news reporter should have at least under some situations.  Call me old fashioned, but that's how I work.

It ever happens again, Merica will get an earful from me.

"My point in all of this was not so much being discovered as being QUOTED. "

Annoying but an attributed fair use quote on a publicly available website is probably quite legal. In actuality how would news reporting work if people HAD to get permission. We'd never get to quote Pat Robertson. News organizations would never get to quote people in contexts that they don't approve.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service