I put an ad up on craigslist last night, figured couldn't hurt to reach out to some women whom are Atheists that may not feel comfortable talking about their views so I decided to do something about that.

Now I got a reply in my inbox this morning from this asshole, whom I am not sure was a man or a woman...I am thinking man based on the use of language here. But it just still confounds me how these folks are the same ones that think they have a monopoly on compassion and virtue quite often have none themselves.

Here is the email they sent to me this morning about 11:30AM EST, today.

***"Atheist? Someone needs to throw your nasty black ass out into the middle of the ocean and leave you there. It wouldnt take long for you to start praying to God to save your black ass. It seems that in todays society that just being black would be hard enough. Throw in stupid and you might as well put a bullet into your head."***

Here is my response:

Nice to see that Christian tolerance about love, respect, and forgiveness for one another is still being preached around these days. I went looking for GOD ages ago, and all I found was people like you championing how “good GOD” is and yet, with the scale of suffering that goes on in this world I deemed it highly impossible for this imaginary friend of yours to possibly exist. It’s funny how this GOD of yours could find it so easy to directly lift the slaves of Egypt out, but decided that to do the same thing for blacks in America was just something he could not fathom himself to do at all. But yet folks actually believe Moses and those folks were black, so if that’s true it’s even worse. As far as your ocean comment, I swim very well.

Tags: Dating, Hate

Views: 34

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sometimes you do have to kind of sink to their level, I think.
My photo was in the ad, but I seriosuly doubt I'd run into this person publically. And if I did well I just don't know. Cant live in fear.
Religious zealots strike again. I was raised in an Atheist family and told to search for what I believe for myself. The only "sins" in my family were hypocrisy, racism and bigotry. Coming from that kind of back ground I can't understand why some people hate the way they do.
Your response was well stated, and you are obviously heads and shoulders above this clown intellectually. Idiots like this just reinforce our position regarding the stupidity of religion, and their adherents....especially the xtians. Thanks for sharing.
Hello, I just joined here after reading that hate mail you got.. not only criticising you for having a free thinking brain to make up your own mind about things but stooping so low as to bring race into it as well.. what a complete and utter arsehole!
Well answered - but the guy is an ignorant redneck and not worthy of your intelligent reply.
How dare you CHOOSE to be born with higher levels of melanin? This is all your fault for the sinful choice you made at the fertilization stage and you're damned for it with black skin! =p

On a happier, less sarcastic note however, I agree that we Rationalists need to stand up for this discrimination. Almost 20% of the world in non-religious. That's far from a majority but a sizable demographic, far more than that of many minor religions and yet we're the least trusted minority on America.

EDIT: I was checking wikipedia for irreligion statistics and found that 20% of the people have 'no religion' in 2006 and I bet it's even higher today. This is satisfactory for me, I don't dislike theism all that much, I just hate religion.
Dre you have delved into the uncharted waters of Craigslist atheist and although the first reel of the rod came back with a boot you seem to have tossed it back with the regard it deserves...or perhaps more. I applaud you unique approach to reaching out as well as your restrained reply (atleast it's restrained compared to one I might have concocted). I agree that the responder comes off as a male, as well as an idiot that doesn't include savant in his title.

I see material here for a comedy skit that I hope to see somewhere down the line. Keep up the god work and happy zombie weekend!
hahaha...just read your second response and THAT looks more like one of my responses. What a knob...
Whew, what a vile specimen. Your replies are perfect.
This is exactly why I keep wimping out on posting on CL. I figure I'd get all hate mail if I posted in an area this religious. Congrats on standing up for yourself. Unfortunately, with the kind of responses you're getting, the guy probably doesn't understand sarcasm.

Have you ever wandered into the atheist forum on Craigslist? It can be amusing at times, depending on who's there.
I welcome it. What better way to get a chance to debate the hateful and show them how wrong they are.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service