Now that Robertson has been reinstated as profit generator for A&E network,having become the icon of free speech, especially freespeech demonizing LGBT people and demeaning African Americans, more Duckspeak comes to the forefront....

Find a young christian girl and marry her..... “Make sure that she can cook a meal. You need to eat some meals that she cooks, check that out. Make sure she carries her Bible. That’ll save you a lot of trouble down the road," Robertson said.....  marry girls who are young.... “They got to where they're getting hard to find, mainly because these boys are waiting ‘til they get to be about 20 years old before they marry 'em,”.... “Look, you wait ‘til they get to be 20 years old the only picking that’s going to take place is your pocket. You got to marry these girls when they are about 15 or 16. They’ll pick your ducks."

Sentiments I'm sure his right wing fans like Ann Coulter and Sarah Palin agree with.

Referencing George Orwell on "Duckspeak"...  "Duckspeak is a Newspeak term meaning literally to quack like a duck or to speak without thinking. Duckspeak can be either good or “ungood” (bad), depending on who is speaking, and whether what they are saying is in following with the ideals of Big Brother. To speak rubbish and lies may be ungood, but to speak rubbish and lies for the good of “The Party” may be good. In the appendix to 1984, Orwell explains:

Ultimately it was hoped to make articulate speech issue from the larynx without involving the higher brain centres at all....

While we haven't yet reached the point where RepublicanChristians control every thought and word, sometimes it feels like Orwell's dystopias were a guideline for today's politics.   Not that I would criticize either the Ministry of Truth or the Ministry of Plenty - for which I thank them for their endless prolefeed.  Criticism of RepublicanChristians goodthink, as I commented on another topic today, would be oldthink and be doubleplus ungood.

Views: 393

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jim that's about the creeepiest ad I've ever seen.  Made me shudder.

I don't think Washington would have wanted the phrase "Laus Deo" inscribed on his monument.

You would think that with all this BS going on about Quack Die Nasty, maybe I would have just turned the program on at least ONCE out of curiousity. Never did. Never will. New publicity here and I don't fall for it. Hey, I didn't even like Daniel Boone.( Richard Boone, but not Daniel Boone.) On my behalf they appear to have made all those T shirts for nothing. Sorry. I won't even wear a T shirt that advertizes something.

Dennis I haven't seen it either and don't want to.  I suspect they got millions of dollars worth of free publicity from the controversy and will now have more viewers than ever.

I don't know about Daniel Boone.  But I really don't like Debbie Boone or Pat Boone.  I had to look up Richard Boone.  Apparently they are all related.

Sentient, I remember reading Orwell when I was young and thinking, 'this is some f'ed up stuff'. I never thought I'd live to see the day. I keep meaning to re read it. I especially remember the part where there was only one place in the library that the camera's couldn't see. This was well before video cameras were available to the public. Freaky.

kh, I think Orwell got it a lot more right than even he thought.  Instead of the dystopia being purely govt, it turned out to be a more chaotic alliance of govt+corporation+religious infrastructure, and maybe the involved systems and people are so deep into it even they don't realize it.  

I want to re-read 1984 too.  I'm waiting for my Jan credits on Audible to become active.  There are also free downloads of 1984 via some public domain sites.  I just don't know how to get them into my cellphone.

I wrote Mirror Reversal in 2007.  Here's a line in accordance with your comment. Cynthia was talking about human caused extinction of nonhuman animals.  

.  The natural world is filled with joy and wonder; now the entire family of sea otters is dangerously near total extinction.  I tell you big business, the government, and organized religion are leading the world into a horrible abyss.

It's amazing how 1984 is becoming more and more prescient.  

Shockingly, Richard, shocking.

I watched some of this guy’s other video.  He was unabashedly shooting wild ducks and geese in the sticks somewhere.  Broke my heart to watch the slaughter.  I once had a pet Muscovy named Webster Billington. Spoke quack with a Russian accent.  Nicest feathery biped you’d ever want to meet.  

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service