Now that Robertson has been reinstated as profit generator for A&E network,having become the icon of free speech, especially freespeech demonizing LGBT people and demeaning African Americans, more Duckspeak comes to the forefront....

Find a young christian girl and marry her..... “Make sure that she can cook a meal. You need to eat some meals that she cooks, check that out. Make sure she carries her Bible. That’ll save you a lot of trouble down the road," Robertson said.....  marry girls who are young.... “They got to where they're getting hard to find, mainly because these boys are waiting ‘til they get to be about 20 years old before they marry 'em,”.... “Look, you wait ‘til they get to be 20 years old the only picking that’s going to take place is your pocket. You got to marry these girls when they are about 15 or 16. They’ll pick your ducks."

Sentiments I'm sure his right wing fans like Ann Coulter and Sarah Palin agree with.

Referencing George Orwell on "Duckspeak"...  "Duckspeak is a Newspeak term meaning literally to quack like a duck or to speak without thinking. Duckspeak can be either good or “ungood” (bad), depending on who is speaking, and whether what they are saying is in following with the ideals of Big Brother. To speak rubbish and lies may be ungood, but to speak rubbish and lies for the good of “The Party” may be good. In the appendix to 1984, Orwell explains:

Ultimately it was hoped to make articulate speech issue from the larynx without involving the higher brain centres at all....

While we haven't yet reached the point where RepublicanChristians control every thought and word, sometimes it feels like Orwell's dystopias were a guideline for today's politics.   Not that I would criticize either the Ministry of Truth or the Ministry of Plenty - for which I thank them for their endless prolefeed.  Criticism of RepublicanChristians goodthink, as I commented on another topic today, would be oldthink and be doubleplus ungood.

Views: 393

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pathetic is the right word. Is there nothing these people won't do for money?

Also, they'd do anything for milk and quackers.

Does anybody know where one could find some more pics or videos of the pre-Duck Dynasty Robertsons?  I would like to help expose these frauds for what they really are.

I am not complaining about their money or their fundamentalist psychopathologies,  I just think the braindead should know the truth, no matter how much it hurts.

FC, you could search on "duck dynasty before beards"

and they've conveniently put their old family photos online.

I could say that this guy "quacks me up" ... except that he DOESN'T.

This "wisdom" reminds me of a christian friend of mine who once said, "marry 'em young and keep 'em barefoot and pregnant." That was his success story for a happy marriage. Today he is on his second marriage.

As for "Quack Robertson", it's beginning to look like it was all a publicity deal from the beginning and they are trying to get the last mile out of it now.

And the young mother fulfills her maternal duty by providing them with a clean bottom and a full tummy.  

Which is why I get my television news from BBC America.  I'm kept abreast of real news, such as the political and social unrest in Thailand, the Ukraine's protests against their government from turning away from the EEU and wanting closer economic ties with Russia, the slaughter in the Central African Republic, and the civil war in the South Sudan.

At least the BBC does not yet quite pander to the lowest common denominator, such as cable news networks in the US. The star of a fake show, which imposed wardrobe celebrates redneck ignorance and giving them a script to promote the white trash, hillbilly lifestyle, is not news. I suppose if there is any news about this, it's that the ignorance promoting, anti-intellectual members of our society glory in single-wide trailer trash philosophy. 

Pat I should check BBC again. Most of my news is via an RRS reader, not TV. Unfortunately this puts me into a self-imposed information bubble even though I try to diversify my sources. I quit Yahoo mail for the same reason - have to wade through a Kardashian swamp each logon to Yahoo.

I was thinkin Al Jazeera. I know the potentisl biases but it often seems good. Similar, Xtian Science Monitor seems pretty good.

Now when I see people at the grocery store wearing Duck Dynasty t shirts, caps, jackets, I just cringe. Jesus. Reading 1984 on prolefeed is so spot-on, even though thsts corporate not govt.

Daniel,al Jazeera is good.    So is bbc.  I watch both rather than our news channels.

Al Jazeera is a very good news source. They simply report the news and they do it without any bulshit. Even better than the Christian Science Monster.

I qualified that I get my TV news from BBC.  I also listen to National Public Radio, and browse Google News; though with the latter, I realize that the stories are being filtered to me based upon prior searches and preferences. I generally have to hunt a bit more and be a little selective on Google.  I'll give Al Jazeera a shot.  I also need to get my short wave radio back in order. Listening to the English language broadcasts from such places as Mongolia and Argentina can be quite illuminating; assuming with some, you can make it through the glorious crop and industrial production quotas being met.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

Grinning Cat replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Greta Christina: Why Being Liberal Really Is Better Than Being Conservative in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
2 minutes ago
Luara replied to Daniel W's discussion Are same sex marriages more stable than so-called traditional marriages? in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
21 minutes ago
sk8eycat replied to Joan Denoo's discussion The Bible is not Great by Soren Sagan in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
33 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Greta Christina on "Why Being Liberal Really Is Better Than Being Conservative" in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
33 minutes ago
Luara replied to Daniel W's discussion Are same sex marriages more stable than so-called traditional marriages? in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
36 minutes ago
sk8eycat replied to Joan Denoo's discussion The Bible is not Great by Soren Sagan in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
39 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Greta Christina on "Why Being Liberal Really Is Better Than Being Conservative" in the group Politics, Economics, and Religion
42 minutes ago
Tom Sarbeck commented on Loren Miller's blog post Is god good?
1 hour ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to jay H's discussion What the freakin hell is wrong with this country???
1 hour ago
Jason Blair replied to Daniel W's discussion Are same sex marriages more stable than so-called traditional marriages? in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
1 hour ago
Jason Blair replied to Daniel W's discussion Are same sex marriages more stable than so-called traditional marriages? in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
1 hour ago
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service