Now that Robertson has been reinstated as profit generator for A&E network,having become the icon of free speech, especially freespeech demonizing LGBT people and demeaning African Americans, more Duckspeak comes to the forefront....

Find a young christian girl and marry her..... “Make sure that she can cook a meal. You need to eat some meals that she cooks, check that out. Make sure she carries her Bible. That’ll save you a lot of trouble down the road," Robertson said.....  marry girls who are young.... “They got to where they're getting hard to find, mainly because these boys are waiting ‘til they get to be about 20 years old before they marry 'em,”.... “Look, you wait ‘til they get to be 20 years old the only picking that’s going to take place is your pocket. You got to marry these girls when they are about 15 or 16. They’ll pick your ducks."

Sentiments I'm sure his right wing fans like Ann Coulter and Sarah Palin agree with.

Referencing George Orwell on "Duckspeak"...  "Duckspeak is a Newspeak term meaning literally to quack like a duck or to speak without thinking. Duckspeak can be either good or “ungood” (bad), depending on who is speaking, and whether what they are saying is in following with the ideals of Big Brother. To speak rubbish and lies may be ungood, but to speak rubbish and lies for the good of “The Party” may be good. In the appendix to 1984, Orwell explains:

Ultimately it was hoped to make articulate speech issue from the larynx without involving the higher brain centres at all....

While we haven't yet reached the point where RepublicanChristians control every thought and word, sometimes it feels like Orwell's dystopias were a guideline for today's politics.   Not that I would criticize either the Ministry of Truth or the Ministry of Plenty - for which I thank them for their endless prolefeed.  Criticism of RepublicanChristians goodthink, as I commented on another topic today, would be oldthink and be doubleplus ungood.

Views: 324

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Outrageous.  My only relief is that nobody could be that stupid in the 21st century.  I could picture such a discourse at the Battle of New Orleans when Andrew Jackson rallied his swamp fighters to defeat the British fighting the devil for God.  But that was 47 years before Darwin’s great work. 

I truly hope this is a hoax.  I’d hate to think the human mind could be so wasted—not the orator as much as his pathetic listeners and supporters.

I live in the South (in a trailer at that), and take my word for it -- people like that are real.  They may not quite represent the majority of Southerners, but aren't far from it.  Thank Dawg I don't have a TV!

}}}}

That's scary Ted!

What, not having a TV?  :)

ha ha yeah.

I'm in the south too. I think people believe we make this shit up. The ignorance is, almost, unbelievable. But, like you Ted, I hear it daily. I blame it on the god delusion... They believe whatever parts of the bible they choose.

The culture of the South is one that celebrates ignorance -- worships it, really.  I'm lucky to live now near Greenville, SC which is something of a redoubt for reasonableness in a sea of ridiculousness.  My family is from Montgomery County, NC where the KKK and the Southern Baptist church are still synonymous and still run everything from the sheriff's office to the schools.  It's really much, much worse than anything that makes TV.  Any one of my cousins, old schoolmates and everyone I know back in that hell hole would make that Phil character look like a black gay liberal atheist.  There are places in the word that thrive on religious hatred, and they ain't all in Waziristan.

lol.  I heard that.

That makes me sad. The South is a region with a complex and often tragic history, and also a melding of vibrant cultures. There is a unique cuisine, literature, and science. My own heritage was infused with Appalachian origins, via my mother's family. It does not have to be a reactionary backward place.

That said I had good reasons to emigrate from my birthlace and upbringing. Which was not Southern - unless you're from Chicago. the city of reference was St Louis, and in Western Illinois / NE Missouri - an area that once dubbed itself "Forgottonia" - there was plenty of racisn, confederate flags, and "You'all aint one of us" where I grew up too. People hated and ridiculed me, and in my Baptist Church, where deacons were fathering babies with other deacons teenage daughters, where you couldn't drink or smoke but Members came in hung over and smoked outside between Sunday School and Church services, discussing their last John Birch Society propaganda, Robertson would fit right in.

oh wow - what a bunch of misogyny - that is so gross to hear that and it just makes me angry

Misogyny is at the heart of all Abrahamic religions.  They emerged as power structures about halfway (so far) through our late experiment with civilization.  They were a means of suppressing the intuitive sense that reproduction of crops and livestock are dependent on female traits.  Fatherly gods replaced goddesses, and production was seen as imposed rather than received.  Those who held to "old" values of mother were (are) persecuted, and "new" values of Father God were imposed.  It's visibly today, not just in overt misogyny in institutions like the Southern Vaptist (misspelling intentional) or Catholic or Islamic Churches, but in seemingly secular things like climate change denial.

Now they have released their own limited edition guns: branded shotguns, semi-automatic rifles and  automatic pistol.

Inalienable rights, natural design, the creator and blow their head-off is the sales pitch.

Sure Sarah Palin will be a huge supporter, as it's her own talking keywords.  

Are we now entering a new prime time TV indoctrination religious method for kids, teens and adults with star figure idol dolls, toys, boots and now creating lust for automatic pistol. To blow who's head off?

Gun promo video

http://youtu.be/nvhHpW3zPxU

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service