Whenever I come out Atheist .. they assume I must have no ethics or morals whatsoever and that I am willing to do just about anything --- like lie, cheat and steal.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

Views: 3552

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Jonathan!

I love reading what you have to day. It wasn't long at all. You are a very talented writer.

I think you are a wonderful person and I am so glad that you are on the site.

Thanks so much for sharing your story with us.

I mean what you have to "say" here. I got sloppy with my typing ... sorry

They almost deserve it, don't they? How many centuries have reasonable people endured their nonsense? To lie, cheat, and steal is to be normal. Ask any evangelical preacher about it. 

Jonathan, you shine a whole new light on the subject of blindness for me. On reflection, I know you are right. What a great gift you have given me, with your clarity and willingness to describe your experiences. I feel richer for knowing you. 

I'll encourage you Jonathan. I could read what you have to say all day. : ) I don't mind at all. You really have good insight and knowledge Jonathan that you can impart to others.

Your type of thinking will get my encouragement, even as you don't need my endorsement. You exist as an eagle flying where others don't go and cannot see. 

It's part of the "there's no morality without God syndrome."  I have news for them:  there's no morality without reason. 

Ah, if only that were true Richard. Then those of faith would have a harder time divorcing their behaviors and beliefs from morality. But plenty of other species demonstrate that which we recognize as morality, and they do it just fine without reason. This I think is a primary reason why we cannot reason with them that what they believe in is not only wrong but immoral - they simply do not feel the pull of reason upon them, yet they still feel the pull of morality. The theists are not, for the most part, pure evil. They are just like eye-less worms, struggling to find their way in the world absent the light that reason sheds.

Jedi Wanderer, And believing their eye-less, struggling, absence of reason is the only way and everyone else is doomed to eternal flames or eternal joy. Both sound pretty dreadful to me. 

I agree Richard. There is no morality without reason. There have been many crimes committed in the name of religion.

Richard, I agree. 

I am just being polite Jonathan. It's the way I am. You have not been unclear on here. Anyways, I hope your Friday is going well.
Oh and I never beg. : )

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Pat replied to Loren Miller's discussion Anti-Islam ads coming to NYC buses, subways (CBS News) in the group Atheist News
15 minutes ago
Randall Smith commented on Richard C Brown's group learnerscoffeeshack
19 minutes ago
Randall Smith commented on Sentient Biped's group Godless in the garden
36 minutes ago
Joseph Corder replied to Sentient Biped's discussion Chimp-on-chimp murder. Humans are not the only violent species.
59 minutes ago
Loren Miller added a discussion to the group Atheist News
1 hour ago
Luara replied to Travis Hedglin's discussion Whats the deal with feminism?
1 hour ago
Luara replied to MattyLJ's discussion Moving to Florida
1 hour ago
Joseph Corder posted photos
1 hour ago
1 hour ago
2 hours ago
Loren Miller posted a status
"Doing the NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) Walk this morning, a nice 3-mile jaunt. I'll let you know how it goes."
2 hours ago
Loren Miller posted a status
"Doing the NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) Walk this morning, a nice 3-mile jaunt. I'll let you know how it goes."
2 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service