Atheist Nexus Logo

Whenever I come out Atheist .. they assume I must have no ethics or morals whatsoever and that I am willing to do just about anything --- like lie, cheat and steal.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

Views: 3623

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Awesome quote Loren!

This quote is so evocative I went digging for more information. I ran across this site that evokes powerful images of the Irish conflict and solutions that may be working. The writer used this quote in a longing for peace. 

Posted by genvessel under community thoughts, rambling thoughts, re...

Isn't that a fantastic site Joan! I just love it. I go there all the time to look at quotes.

I am not a Buddhist either, even as some of the teachings helped me sort out and offer options I had not thought of. My problem is the mysticism that comes with the package, the magic and supernatural that can be explained as having other causes or were fabricated in the minds of humans. My experience with Buddhists is that some of them are as bad as Christian, Muslim, Jewish in their story telling. I like stories, but to give an imagined story to explain natural phenomenon seems over the edge.  

I agree Davey that Hanh is a good representative of Zen Buddhism.
I thought that was a lovely quote.

Wow, this really took off without me!

I'm sorry it seems like I ditched you all -- I promise I did no such thing! My Internet wasn't being agreeable, you see...

Hey Maia! So nice to see you here again. Thanks for stopping by. How are you?

Fine, fine. You?

Doing good Maia.

“Have the courage to say no. Have the courage to face the truth. Do the right thing because it is right. These are the magic keys to living your life with integrity.”

W. Clement Stone

“Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.”

Right! Be true to yourself! You know when you behave badly, even when no one is watching.

“There is no such thing as a minor lapse of integrity”

Tom Peters

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service