Whenever I come out Atheist .. they assume I must have no ethics or morals whatsoever and that I am willing to do just about anything --- like lie, cheat and steal.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

Views: 3583

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You are right that god is a motivator for the theist to commit crimes. Or maybe they think that they can commit the crime and get forgiveness for it. And then all is good again until they do something else wrong.

I Agree. Religion not only allows crimes against humanity and the planet, but requires dominion over both, a perfect beginning for tyranny. When a person or a people claim a piece of land because god gave it to them is evidence of delusions. When challenged about their man-made-god they deny their fabrication. They believe god created earth and the rich variety of food and soils and resources for them. The grains, plants, fruits, vegetables exist because god gave them to their people. The fish of the seas, animals of the earth, birds of the air are created for their people. The air, fire, water and soils god created for their use and right to take from anyone who is "other". 

They believe they are a chosen people. 

They think they are entitled to all this because they accepted Christ as their lord and savior. 

They believe those who do not obey and submit are going to burn in hell for eternity. 

Religion is a mental delusion, an evil personification of unseen and unseeable entities with established creeds, dogmas, litanies, songs, stories, ceremonies, rituals, attitudes, customs, traditions and values that poisons them and harms all that get in their way. 

Religion also creates faux virtues that do not stand up to basic ethics and morals. 

To be accused of being "Morally Depraved because I came out Atheist" reveals the depth of THEIR depravity. 

Thank you Joan! I enjoy all your contributions here.
I agree that religion creates faux virtues.

Let us not forget that it was Christian Orthodox Serbians who slaughtered Muslims in Bosnia. 

Christian Orthodox Serbian mass murderers were Radovan Karadzic and Ratko Mladic. 

John Ashcroft declared there is "no king but Jesus." 

Billy Graham was an opportunistic anti-semite. 

USA Air Force Academy Christians bullied Jews and atheists who were not "born again".

Right Joan there are many examples of bigotry among theists.
So true Richard. I'm a good person!

"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you." 
~ C.S. Lewis 

Straight from the pen of a believer!  

In spite of Lewis, and other of his ilk, as you state, "We are Good Peoples".

Thanks for the story Write4U! It's funny! They had to throw him out because they couldn't answer him.

Write4U, a perfect example of the price people pay for questioning ... rejection. The good news is, there are 7 billion people on this planet and there are others with whom one can build community.

U.S. & World Population Clocks

U.S.      313,561,799
World 7,013,969,315
16:36 UTC (EST+5) May 17, 2012

Yes, Joan people don't like to be questioned and will punish you for it.

Yes, this is what we are up against. People assume that if you don't have god then you must be a horrible and evil person. I'm from the South too and I've heard the terms "good book" and that "all goodness comes from god". You are taught (when raised religious) that to be good is to "know god".

Davey, I got lost during a trip to the southern tier of the USA to gather genealogy stories and ended up on a "wrong" road. Suddenly a vista appeared, Monument Valley. It was a stunning scene. Having minored in geology in college, I knew the history of that great plain's evolution with monuments thrusting into the sky caused by natural forces. Layer upon layer of sandstone, eroded by water and wind, and different oxides created vibrant colors that seemed to explode as images hit my brain. I realized time played an important part of this great scene. How absolutely splendid. 

"A Splendid Heresy", hopefully, will tell my story. 

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service