I just don't get it. I had no formal training in logical fallacies and had to play catch up in them once I decided I was not an agnostic, I am proudly atheist. Are some people so indoctrinated in dogma they cannot see the foolishness of things they say? A woman in a city near mine posted a social media message to the effect that she does not understand why God decided to take her young daughter at this time, a child, but she is comforted by the idea the girl is "there in Heaven with you, Lord." God sent a boyfriend to the mother; now, he's under arrest, charged with physically abusing the girl, who later died in a hospital. Why would God so hate the mother He would take her child from her? Why couldn't God have seen to it that the murderer got run over by a semi prior to ever entering the mother's house. Epicurus said God can be omnipotent and God can be good, but God cannot be both good and omnipotent.

Views: 241

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Precisely, and I went through such a period and came out atheist.

Now why would god give a shit about starving children and war victims and ebola when she's busy making sure my darling daughter gets onto the cheerleading team???

Right??!!  Or blessing them with the bountiful meals they eat every single day....in excess.  I guess those starving kids all over the world don't need that food.

Not a chance, Luara. Not too much education though basically a nice guy.

There isn't any God. That's why nobody out there gives a shit. I don't know why she wasn't cursing out the motherfucker who murdered her child. I'd be hoping he got beat to death in jail. 

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service