Anderson Cooper blog.

"For the second straight day, Republican presidential candidate and Rep. Michele Bachmann's at the top of a new poll of likely Iowa GOP caucus goers.

According to a survey from the American Research Group, 21 percent of people questioned say they are backing the congresswoman from neighboring Minnesota for the GOP presidential nomination in their state's caucuses. Bachmann was at nine percent in ARG's April poll."

Iowa....  "where the corn is as high as the elephant's eye, An' it looks like it's climbin' clear up to the sky."  Oh wait, that's Oklahoma.  Never mind.

Maybe it's because she knows how get government subsidies for her family farm, while maintaining her status as the darlinng of the Tea Party?

Maybe it's a protest against gay marriage?  Iowa got gay married by judiciary, and Bachmann's clinic supposedly "cures" homosexuality by prayer.  And get gov't money for that too?

No to mention, ok to mention, gov't subsidies for her many foster children.

Wikipedia has an extensive bio (link above).  Someone needs to catch her tweetiing naked photos of herself to soldiers in Iraq.  Not gonna happen.

Views: 74

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hah, that whole debate reads like an argument between comic nerds about their beloved fictional characters. Ah, humanity.

Great analogy!  :D

I'm not too worried about the presidential election.  These Tea Party wingnuts have no shot at the Whitehouse.  The GOP will never nominate Romney because the baggers will go ape nuts.  There is no way the baggers can win a national election-the only group they haven't alienated is rich, white men.  The real concern is the next rounds of Congressional elections.  That is where they will continue to hold this country hostage.  

As a side note, I asked my grandmother (78 yrs. old and life-long liberal) what she thought of this debt ceiling mess.  This was her answer: "Those republicans trying to talk about fiscal responsibility is like a pimp going to church on Sunday to preach abstinence."  

How would your grandmother like to adopt a new grandson?

I recently saw a bumper sticker that said: TEA PARTY sounds so much nicer than "Mob of Racists & Homophobes".

I also liked this one: The Mad Hatter wants his Tea Party back.

I wish I was as confident as you that the Tea Party won't get elected into the executive office...their rigid ideas about taxation are already getting traction with the American Public because of the freshman House members voted in last fall.  They are a force to be reckoned with because they have successfully argued that 'Washington Spends TOO Much"...and that "Under Obama the federal deficit has gone up"...failing to recall the worldwide economic downturn, the 2+ wars we've been involved in militarily, the Baby Boom Generation entering Social Security and Medicare age brackets, the increased cost of medical care/prescriptions, the failure of local and state governments to keep THEIR obligations to pensioners and educators and school kids....etc, etc, etc.  Speaker of the House Boehner will need to tip toe around the demands of the tea party caucus if he's going to keep his job of making sure President Obama is a one term president...which seems to be the GOP's main message these days.  No matter what the repercussions are to the US economy.

Well the US and much of the world is pretty much owned by the Federal Reserve/World Bank and associates now - seeing as how all new money is loaned with compound interest to the Gov't by the private bank with the power to create money and tax you, 'the Federal Reserve.' Those in the elite club who have a share in the monstrosity aka 'Federal Reserve' are above money and are theoretically infinitely rich - they 'own' us. OH and this much is obvious who knows what the real deal is... 100 people on this planet? 10?

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service