Anderson Cooper blog.

"For the second straight day, Republican presidential candidate and Rep. Michele Bachmann's at the top of a new poll of likely Iowa GOP caucus goers.

According to a survey from the American Research Group, 21 percent of people questioned say they are backing the congresswoman from neighboring Minnesota for the GOP presidential nomination in their state's caucuses. Bachmann was at nine percent in ARG's April poll."

Iowa....  "where the corn is as high as the elephant's eye, An' it looks like it's climbin' clear up to the sky."  Oh wait, that's Oklahoma.  Never mind.

Maybe it's because she knows how get government subsidies for her family farm, while maintaining her status as the darlinng of the Tea Party?

Maybe it's a protest against gay marriage?  Iowa got gay married by judiciary, and Bachmann's clinic supposedly "cures" homosexuality by prayer.  And get gov't money for that too?

No to mention, ok to mention, gov't subsidies for her many foster children.

Wikipedia has an extensive bio (link above).  Someone needs to catch her tweetiing naked photos of herself to soldiers in Iraq.  Not gonna happen.

Views: 74

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's really important information.  Thank you for providing it.
@ Steve.....Was it Liberty University?

I'm not Steve (although he's very insightful and I amost never disagree with him).  Here is a blogger's resume for "Dr" Marcus Bachmann:

"Marcus Bachmann does not have an earned PhD in psychology. He bought the degree at Union College (Cincinnati, OH), a school that he never attended. Bachmann’s degree is not a PhD in psychology. It is a certificate in interdisciplinary studies. ... Bachmann’s “degree” is unaccredited. ...The online college’s doctorate in psychology was denounced by the US Department of Education in 2004 as false. The US Department of Education’s condemnation of the degree the school’s administrators passed on to their “graduates”—which Bachmann ignores....Bachmann is not registered with any of the three boards that certify mental health practitioners and professions in the state. The Minnesota Board of Psychology and the Board of Marriage and Family Therapy confirmed to POLITICO that Bachmann is not licensed with them.

That fits well with Michelle Bachmann's mostly "Cereal-Box" credentials, same site as above "who studied at the disreputable and unaccredited Oral Roberts University (which has as its motto that it is dedicated to the teaching of “the law from a biblical worldview” ... at the Coburn School of Law. The Coburn School of Law... has gone through no fewer than three names including the televangelist Marion G. [Pat] Robertson Christian Broadcasting Network School of Law before its name was changed to Regent University..."

I have not verified this data, but wikipedia states about Michelle Bachmann "

In 1979, Bachmann was a member of the first class of the O.W. Coburn School of Law, a part of Oral Roberts University (ORU).[11] In 1986 she received a J.D. degree from Oral Roberts University. She was a member of the final graduating class of the law school at ORU, and was part of a group of faculty, staff, and students who moved the ORU law school library to what is now Regent University.[13]  In 1988, Bachmann received an LL.M. degree in tax law from the William & Mary School of Law.[14][15] "  

So it looks like at least her Tax Law degree was legit. 

Wow, these people could not get ordinary government jobs as a counselor or a lawyer with these credentials.  The government requires a state U or  an accredited university degree. 

Here she's getting tons of government subsidies and she's trying to get VA benefits cut! 

What's she afraid of, some deserving person might get a government dime?!

I think charlatan would be a good word for Marcus Bachmann.  And since Michelle Bachmann makes money off the clinic, it would be a good work for her too.  Another good word would be fraud.

Steve:

Well, Michele studied tax law at Oral Roberts University, which explains how she obtained a law degree as well as her penchant for reciting American history. As far as Marcus, it's anyone's guess as to what never-heard-of-it university he earned his degree at. However, according to an article I read (can't remember where) he is quite qualified as a "pray the gay away" psychologist due to his time spent visiting "pray the gay away" psychologists.

Isn't it really about the money?  Which Republican gets the most corporate lobbyists supporting him or her?  Whoever has the biggest 'war chest' and 'deep pocket' supporters will win the presidential campaign because they can advertise the most.   It's how a candidate is marketed. Now matter who wins in Iowa.

Isn't Romney still in the lead on this measure of 'success'?  I see Michele Bachmann as a performer with a microphone who can come across well to the far right Christian social conservatives but who scares the pants off the politically conservative branch of the party.  She would need to moderate her views on social issues to gather up support with average Americans, I think.  But since she's a self proclaimed 'woman of principle', she won't be moderating her views anytime soon...she's riding the Tea Party Express as  far as she can take it.  (I don't think she could win against President Obama and I also think the GOP knows it.)  What will really get interesting is when these tea party candidates like Bachmann and Pawlenty start taking hits at each other...when they take off the gloves, so to speak.  Unless they continue to just go after President Obama's 'failed policies' and talk nicey nicey about each other.

Much as I don't like Romney, I hope you are right. He's probably the least-bad of the bunch, though it's hard to say about some of them.  At least he's been chief executive of a large and genearlly liberal and diverse state. 

Here's a recent story about fundraising that I just read today:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2011/07/15/nationa...

It's too early to say who'd 'winning' with the American public, but the article makes some interesting suggestions!

Fruit loop!

Polls suffer from self selection bias as well as efforts of opponents to skew those polls, think of all of the polls that PZ Meyers has pharygnulated. I haven't looked at the poll but I'm sure it was a poll of which Republican/Conservative/Tea Bagger is the most popular among the crowd of running Republican/Conservative/Tea Baggers. 

I wonder what would happen if the poll had a list of EVERYBODY that was/ or could run?

Tweeting nudie photos to the troops would be something that a true patriot would do in support of those hard up soldiers serving a long way away from home.

See, everything can be spun to make the hero of your team look good.

I have a hard time being worried about republican/conservative/crazy mo-fo's running in the next presidential election.  The Republican party and the Tea Baggers won the last election with claims of job creation, which hasn't happened.  Instead, both seemed to stick with an anti-gay, anti-abortion, anti-helping-people-who-got-fucked-by-the-economy-focus to their legislative efforts.  Oh, and then there is the focus of the Republican party on doing everything in their power to try to make the President look bad, you know, instead of trying to solve any critical problems.  Don't believe me?  Look at the crap going on with the debt ceiling talks.  The stock market LIKES the idea of a higher debt ceiling and would be HAPPY with a higher debt ceiling.  But if the debt ceiling isn't raised with permission of the Congress then whatever negative market fluctuations will be used to paint Obama as the guilty party.  If Obama bypasses Congress, which I think is constitutionally allowed, then Obama will be painted as being a tyrant even if the stock market responds positively. 

Who can forget the absolute unwillingness to raise taxes, by the Republican and Blue Dog Democrats, even though they constantly squawk about wanting to PAY DOWN the national debt.  I don't know about you, but when I've got bills to pay I need to make money to pay them.  What I cannot do is stop making money and still expect to pay my bills.  The same principal applies even to the government.

This is all getting so frustrating...no matter what President Obama brings to the table, the GOP leaders say 'no way'.  I think both parties agree on making spending adjustments here and there, but the Tea Party and Grover Norquist pledge signers (see http://www.npr.org/2011/07/14/137800715/the-man-behind-the-gops-tax...) are unwilling to budge on 'principle'.  Like it would be a sign of weakness to come to a compromise on a very bipartisan issue: The Economy.

I'm so tired of GOP leaders saying 'this is Obama's economy'.  They don't want to appear to be supporting the president on ANYTHING...even if it means cutting their own throats in the process.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service