Views: 98

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The people who made it a point to change it to "In God We Trust" should have had better things to do, too.

Or maybe it kept them momentarily from doing something stupider?! Who knows.

I don't live in the US but I'm sure you would have the support of atheists from all over. Creatures like Supermilf, Michele Bachmann, and Christine O'Donnell should never have launch codes for nuclear weapons.
I was never comfortable that GW Bush had the launch codes for nuclear weapons.
Haha! I love how you said "supermilf". She's not my type of milf! More like the sanitized version of milf.
I've seen bits & pieces of Nailin' Palin. Dunno if somebody wants to make Backin' Bachmann

.... This shows how utterly ignorant she is. In god we trust is not patriotic in the least. It's a spit in the eye of  those who aren't theists and consider themselves Americans. This nation is not to serve her twisted idea of justice, peace, or even unity. She can hold those ideas, but at the same time I should be able, as an atheist(a very ticked off one) to say horse pucky.

What she is angling for is a favortism of sorts for those who are believers in her specific faith walk, which would go to only allienate the more moderate or liberal in her field. I do not understand how this woman can walk and chew gum at the same time while spouting this nonsense.

What she is angling for is a favortism of sorts for those who are believers in her specific faith walk,

Exactly. She's pandering to right wing christians.
We do have to consider the source.  This is a woman who can't tell the difference between a serial killer and a bad actor.  She also thinks the founding fathers included children and the slave holding founding fathers worked to end slavery.  Because slave holders were historically keen on abolition.  Where did she get her high school diploma?  Who signed the papers that allowed this woman to move up from third grade?
She likes to say she's 'highly principled".  But like I defined her in another discussion, she's a huckster...a political huckster with a religious agenda cloaked in the American flag.  She's one of the most divisive and ill-informed people to enter the stage in awhile and her appeal frightens me.  Sarah P and her family circus was enough to give me a big scare and now we get to experience the Bachmann Turn-my-Stomach Overdrive.
Well spoken.  Except, I wonder whether she's "ill informed" or is taking an Orwellian newspeak version of reality, converting history and politics into versions that work for her purposes.
mojo5501 you have stated it perfectly.  I think she's dangerous.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service