Views: 101

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree.  She is such a state's rights advocate that she would define all those government services you mentioned as signs of 'big government waste'.  Chop, chop.  She would probably attempt to pare down the federal government.  She's so pro-homeschooling that I wouldn't be surprised if the Dept of Education was on her fantasy chopping block as well.    "Give power to the local communities" sounds real nice until you realize that real economic disparities exist and opportunities/resources aren't equally distributed across this fair land of ours. Michelle B is delusional if she thinks she represents Americans as a whole.

I think that President Obama understands that the federal government can be more efficient and that reforms need to take place in times of economic distress, but the GOP approach of 'slash and burn' is NOT creating jobs and is certainly not beneficial to the welfare of this nation.  Trimming waste is very important.  Streamlining bureaucracies has been one of the president's goals.  The fact that Bachmann and people like her fail to see the cost of medical care skyrocketing and bankrupting families also shows how out of touch they are with real people trying to pay 'out-of-pocket' because health insurance isn't easy to obtain or affordable.  On a personal level, I have medical coverage but a high deductible...meaning I will have to take money out of savings for the $700 it cost my college age son to have an xray of his wrist and elbow...darn skateboard.

I read today that her and Sarah Palin want to replace the consitiution with the bible.
Did you read it in The Onion?
Indeed, Bachmann is a bimbo... but don't take the threat lightly.  These nutbags are holding up the House of Representatives and working hard on the ground to elect more of them.  If they have their way, they will thrust their agenda down our throats and we will be living in the stoneage!

I have no idea how this woman got elected in the first place. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Scarily (is that a word?) because there are SO MANY idiots out there.

She represents (besides her greedy self) those that want to divide the USA. So, 'unum' would be a bad idea in that sense...?

She must really hate the new pennies with the EPU shield graphic... and Lincoln on the other side (the bible hater he was) with a little small txt of 'god we...' over his head; yep that penny is a threat to her and her fellow haters' being. fer shirrrrr... waste. poor old cracker folks been getting ripped off by pundit mal-adjusted and mal-educated spectacle corporate brokers w/offshore foreign (totally anti-USA) interests for how long now!??

ever heard the term; they eat their own? cough cough... they pollute the air we breath hello
It could be worse... a wee bit. How would it be if the Phelps family were the Kennedys of the 21st century?
That would be a major insult to the Kennedy's.

Michelle Bachmann likes to lie, and she lies "big".  fact check.  As a christian, shouldn't she pay attention to the Bible's restrictions against lying?

Of course, her fellow wannabe president Newt Gingrich, also big on the "Christian" thing, considered his own adultery OK while going after Clinton for his.  Of course, his adultery was because he felt so passionate about America.  According to the Bible, that's a loophole in the 10 commandments (forgive me, I can't locate that verse).  Plus, his first 2 wives were ill,which probably explains why it was OK to cheat on them and divorce them.   Different bible verse, I'll post when I find it.

I suspect you won't catch Santorum in a Bachmannesque lie.  For a view of what his future America might look like, Margaret Atwood's "The Handmaid's Tail" might be a good start.

Being targeted consistently on the Colbert Report is all I often need to know that I am really not going to like a political figure.  Usually Stephen is right on with  opinions matching mine.  

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service