Eurekalert.org

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2014-01/nuos-mfm012214.php

48,000 people were studied.

""It was surprising to see that men forget more than women. This has not been documented before. It was also surprising to see that men are just as forgetful whether they are 30 or 60 years old. The results were unambiguous"

I don't have a memory problem at all.

Who took the damn car keys? I've looked everywhere for them!

Tags: forgetfulness, memory, men

Views: 179

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I use UK's Kalender program for reminders.  It's excellent, much better than trying to remind oneself on paper. 

I have an overdrive of cramming for classes, for example before I took the physics GRE, I needed to have all sorts of physics facts at my fingertips, so I studied for months.  But I ended up with 1 week left to review quantum mechanics.  Eek!  So I went into overdrive.  It was exhilarating, it made my mind feel good. 

It's strange that one can't use reminders for tests like the GRE, because in everyday life one looks a lot of things up.

Maybe one of these days they will let you use reminders for tests because most of us have several resources in real life.

I remember for a while after calculators came on the market, they were not allowed to be used in tests, but that changed.

I'm not sure if this classifies as forgetfulness or not, but yesterday I was to go to my 81 year old step father's house to hook up and clean his DVD player. On the phone I told him that I had just got up and that once I got my clothes on, I'd be heading his way. He says call him back and let him know for sure. He thought I said "maybe" I'd be headed his way. None of this matters because he has to use too many remotes here, and he will forget how to use the DVD player anyway.

Going on by my daughter's house I find out that this is the same man who has told her that I now have Obamacare. The ACA became law and I "chose" Obamacare as my health insurance program. It doesn't matter to him (or he doesn't get it) that I am 67 years old and exempt! I don't have a choice to make here. I have Medicare and the VA. I'm ex-military. This is the health insurance that I'll have for the rest of my life!

I am concerned about people like him because one phone call made by wrong people and he will likely lose his bank account and all that he has. He would give out all his information.

It sounds like some dementia is setting in.  That's a hard thing to watch.

His mother had it too before she passed. He would go to see her and say "mom, it's Ronny. Don't you recognize me?' (Grandma was in a nursing home.) She would reply, "no, you're not Ronny. He's still down there in Hendersonville." They left that area many years before.

My first cousin and I were raised together. He would go see his dad in a nursing home, and my uncle thought he was his friend, Donald.

Such is dementia.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service