Now who would have thought a pastor would be hiding a drug habit?

megachurch-pastor-found-dead-with-drugs-in-times-square

Tags: Death, Drugs, Pastor

Views: 232

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Under normal circumstances, my pat response would be, "Only his regular Saturday night gay hooker would have thought it."

I wonder if that applies here?

An excerpt from a blog post I wrote a couple of days ago seems apt here:

This is where I take comfort in knowing that I'm gay - blowjobs are more commonly used as a salutation than handshakes are used as hello. Yes, bodily fluids are shared with at least the same frequency as names are shared during introductions. And that's just in the classier megachurches during the more upscale republican fundraisers.

/genuflect

Actually..you're pretty close!  Here's the addendum to the article...

(By the way: If you're thinking Wow, all this story needs is a stripper, guess what? Tims and his wife divorced in 2009 after he confessed to a one-year affair with a stripper. That's megachurch pastor bingo, right?)

bwahahaha!

Miss Cleo has nothing on me!

I find this very sad.  If he had only applied his talent and charisma to reason instead of fraudulent "prosperity gospel" - which is only nominally christian, and based on nothing but marketing hope and hype to the gullible.  We need talent and charisma.

Yeah, but that doesn't get you the mega church with all of the free flowing (tax exempt) cash to spend on strippers and drugs!

Mega church pastor = Charm, charisma, and a Mcbible.

I just read that on the news.  I am sure they have a lot of dirty secrets they are hiding.
Gee, another mega-church fraud uses the collections from the rubes for drugs and hookers. What a shock. If these con artists were lined up to be exposed, like people line up in the DMV , I imagine it would sound like this. "You're number is 746. Now serving number 15."
In Illinois we had the pastor with the 300,000 dollar gambling addiction ... and the hordes of his sheep who, when confronted, insisted on defending him.
I want to see a pix of the body at the scene!  ;>
Well, now THAT is just dark!  (Not sayin' I don't agree, but it's pretty dark).
A minister...on drugs...but Jesus took all the bad stuff in this guy's life away...!!  This can't BE!!!  Ah well, he was born again--maybe he can be born again, again... (maybe THIS time it'll take)...  
It's sad that this guy was a hypocrite true, and sad that he had a drug addiction that he'd obviously fought previously.  The good you can hope might come out of this is that is could make some of the congregation stop and think; especially if there are some who are already at the "secretly doubting" stage.  In my home town, there is this church of about 1000, very charismatic, and it had a really good reputation amongst the other churches as being relevant to young people etc.  Then it was found that the pastor was having an affair with one of the other church elders.  Again, whilst we can point at it and go "typical religion", I hope that ultimately it makes people at least realise that religion doesn't equal morality and possibly it might stop christians at that church leaning so heavily on their leaders and reading the bible for themselves which should lead (eventually) away from christianity.  But its a hard one, I remember when I knew the bible well enough to realise it was contradictory and I started going to the leaders of my church, how they would take me on a bible runaround with their favourite verses and ignore the others!  Oops, I've digressed!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service