Maybe I should post this under "Humor" instead...

Received this from my Sister In Law in reply to all to an email where one relative says they're unable to send cards this year:  

No need to apologize.  In fact, I think it is a good idea to wish everyone a merry Christmas via e-mail.  It certainly removes a lot of stress from the holiday season.  I started to send some cards out and then came down with shingles and gave up with the card thing.  You are all in my thoughts and prayers for a blessed Christmas and healthy new year.

So I replied to her that I hoped she wasn't in pain.

Her reply:

Thanks. Unfortunately, the pain has been more than I anticipated.  Thankfully, God has blessed us with narcotics.  :)

At this point, I thought I had forwarded this to my daughter with a line that said (to my daughter)

Would it be too impolite to write back: “Too bad he ‘blessed’ you with shingles” ?

Unfortunately (?) I didn't send it to my daughter but must have hit the reply button instead (really thought I was very careful about this so I don't know how it happened but I was drinking wine at the time).

She replied:

There is truth in what you said.  He has blessed me with shingles.  God knows everything; nothing touches my life without God being aware of it and allowing it.  In Romans 8:28, the Bible says that "in all things God works for the good of those who love Him."  I wish I could say that I recognize His blessings right away.  Truth be told, sometimes I don't recognize it until much later after the adversity passes.  Thanks so much for reminding me that God loves me and He is working even during the shingles for my good.

At this point I think it best if I don't reply back as what I wrote could have been directed to her.  I really did not intend to annoy her especially since she's in pain.  I sort of feel bad but it's funny too.  However, in the future, I'm sure she'll let me know what blessing shingles brought her. Should I quit emailing her at this point?

Views: 178

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, the deities betting about their toys. Some stories gave me a lot to think about.

Gee, I must have done parenting wrong!  Darn it!!!

You're right, Carl. It could never be as simple as a bet between god and satan. Even when it's all over for Job, who cares if he gets back his same wife and children or not? Maybe he's getting a little "strange" this way. God works in malicious ways.

ha.. wow.. yay.. the days are.. shorter... ? ; )(

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service