Atheist Nexus Logo

Makes You Wonder What Sort of People Would Vote to Send Such a Person to Congress

Views: 374

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I suspect you may be right about the comic relief, but I agree with you about the downside, too. Then there are Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter.

The thing about Bachmann that scares me the most is that she's a dedicated Dominionist out of Oral Roberts Univ. Law School.  She really thinks the country needs to be completely fundamentalist Xian before Jeebus can come back.

I won't stay here for that!

No kidding. I, too, regard the Dominionists as (1) the most dangerous of all conservative Christians, (2) the looniest of all fundamentalist sects or groups, and (3) the greatest danger to democracy, akin to the Taliban. Their ideology is derived from the writings of one Rousas John Rushdoony, who interpreted the Revelations of John of Patmos as promising the return of Jesus and his having "dominion" over all things on earth during the final conflict with Satan. Just unbelievably insane! Texas Gov. Rick Perry believes in this nonsense, too. Many other pols.

Are they connected in any way at all with The Family Fellowship, or is that a separate bunch of loonies?

(I have not been happy with Hillary Clinton since October 2002 when she gave an impassioned plea in the Senate in favor of the mad rush to invade Iraq...for no good reason, but I was also appalled to learn that she had connections to The Family's prayer groups.  Even tho that outfit treats women like half-Muslims.)

I know the whole bunch are in it for the money but don't they have any self respect?

Geez! I had forgotten how much that picture terrifies me! It's like her eyes are shooting a ray of stupidity, and it's frying my brain!  (Actually, I feel that way about pretty much all Right-Wing Christian Conservatives.)

Lol, Emma,..

Emma, she's not looking at you, she's looking for her imaginary lover in the clouds.

totally off topic, and probably a bit of paranoia, but did anyone catch Justice Scalia's news this week about the likelihood of a SCOTUS authorizing internment camps?  in short, he pretty much guarantees it will happen again.  i would have liked to ask a follow up question - to whom?  

i guess that what scares me about the Tea Party movement and religious conservatives in general (the two groups largely overlap).  they don't look at atheists or even liberals like fellow Americans.  should they ever get total control is it extreme hyperbole to think that something like what Scalia predicts could happen to...gays...atheists...undocumented immigrants?  

another newsie bit from this week was the old woman at a Republican town hall who said the President should be executed.  the congressman (mostly) agreed, because...lawlessness or something.  it's become so bad it's actually news when Obama touches Louis Gohmert on the shoulder at that awful prayer breakfast even this morning.  as i was watching i thought to myself "oh my, he let the anti-Christ touch him, AND HE'S SMILING!"  it's enough to almost make you believe its an act.  if it is, it's too bad their constituents haven't caught on yet - it's driving them crazy.  

In 1984 or so Lyndon LaRouche suggested that, because of the AIDS panic, ALL homosexuals should be interred.  That's the reason that two older friends of mine don't want to marry, even though they've lived together for 45 years.  They are still scared.  I don't blame them.

I've been following that, Matt, and you hit it all right on the head. That thing with Louis was classic. Obama says "I don't watch TV" but he speaks nicely of Louis and puts his hand on him. What could the man do but smile and grin. He knew at that moment that Obama had humbled him and was saying to the whole world "I know what you have done."

It's news to the republicans when the potus breathes. I've always known most of the people in the bible belt are bigots, against pretty much everyone, but now the entire republican congress, are being asses about immigration laws. Wtf? As far as I know they aren't native americans so, again, wtf?
I must be the most puzzled liberal, atheist in the world.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service