Someone started something similar to this on the Nexus Book Club, and I thought it might be kind of fun to start something similar here.

See if you can guess which song these lyrics are from. No Internet searches. You have to search your mind for the answer.

You must guess the title and the artist correctly to win.

The first person that gets it right then gets to post the next lyrics line for everyone else to guess. If you are 100% certain you got it right, you do not need to wait for the original poster to say so. Go ahead and post your next challenge if you are positive you got it.

Keep it clean, and keep it reasonably accessible, nothing too off-the-beaten-path. But don’t make it too easy either. Example: Rainy days and Mondays always get me down, is way too easy.

Also, if any challenge is posted that remains unanswered – that turns out to be too difficult and remains unanswered for a long time, that turn will be forfeited and I will start the next quiz.

Also, every time you start a new challenge, be sure to reply only to the original post, and not to a previous comment. This will allow for more responses directly under each challenge.

So here’s the first lyrics challenge:

“Well I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer.”

Any clue?

Tags: contest, lyrics, music, quiz, songs

Views: 121

Replies to This Discussion

Rrrright! Your move.

Zappa on the radio? What a shock - he wouldn't believe it if he was still with us!

And who is Alex?
WOOHOO

Alex is a reference to Jeopardy where you have to respond to the clue with a question containing the answer.

OK.... I'll try to stump you guys.... This is from one of my favourite movies.....

"No matter what you've been through, long as there's breath in you"
I thought I had already replied to this. I will try again.

Alex is a reference to Alex Trabeck from Jeopardy, where you respond to clues by putting the answer in the form of a question.

Anyhoo... From one of my favourite movies starring two SNL legends and a dumbarse 'actress' (and I use this term very loosely)

fake purses anyone?
Yes indeeed! You don't believe I picked him at random, do you? ;-)
Maybe I should follow the instructions too LOL

I thought I had already replied to this. I will try again.

Alex is a reference to Alex Trabeck from Jeopardy, where you respond to clues by putting the answer in the form of a question.

Anyhoo... From one of my favourite movies starring two SNL legends and a dumbarse 'actress' (and I use this term very loosely)

fake purses anyone?
Yes, Fake purses is a clue. It refers to a scene in the movie
Does anyone want another clue
Fire away. With the fake purses and movie clue, I'm thinking it might be from Legally Blond, but that is just a guess, as I've never seen that movie.
Eddie Murphy and Steve Martin are the SNL stars, Heather Graham is the uh-hum actress
Yes. Bowfinger is the movie.....
The song was recorded by B B King and the version in the movie was sung by Johnny Adams.
I think we're all stumped. Better go ahead and tell us, and then I'll start the next thread, per the instructions. Thanks.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service