Regardless of the political leanings of Loughner, who is probably psychotic, virtually all of the commentators that incited him were of the right wing - the Palins, Paladinos, Cantors, Mitchells, Limbaughs,O'Reilly's, Bachmanns, Becks, Robertsons, Grahams etc etc.  It goes on and on and on. There is nothing comparable to this amount of irresponsible, lockstep and reckless inciting of violence on the left.

Views: 59

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What is with this all or nothing shit?  Are you suggesting that unless political rhetoric is violent then it is useless?

And I know that, and I stated that (if somewhat indirectly).  When you heard the original comments right after the shooting, it wasn't about culpability for the physical shooting as much as it was a statement on the "toxic" rhetoric that is now normal political discourse~ mostly on the right.

Of course they didn't pull the trigger; if I tell someone to shoot a stranger, and they do it, they are going to prison! but what does that say of me as a person?  Maybe there is a law that could prosecute me, maybe not... but what would YOU think of me as a person knowing I did such a thing?  Sure, talking "2nd amendment solutions" may get ratings and give tea-baggers chubbies, but how is that really getting a point across that doesn't include violence? What other point does that make other than "we believe this shit so much we will kill if we don't get it?"  Can you explain another message behind that to me?

The Founders added the 2nd Amendment so that when, after a long train of abuses, a government evinces a methodical design upon our natural rights, we will have the means to protect and recover our rights. That is why the right to keep and bear arms was included in the Bill of Rights.

Well for one, I support gun rights to the fullest.  Its the responsibility of the person who owns the gun, not the laws that allows them to obtain one that is culpable.  That has nothing to do with the point made above.  You still have yet to provide an alternative explanation for someone expressing their "second amendment solution" to the election results.

More to that point, the second amendment is to prevent the government from inhibiting a persons right to protect themselves and establishing militias~ again, where does that come into play here?

And when Bush was President, the "toxic" rhetoric was mostly on the left. If Bush did not have the Secret Service, don't you think someone on the left would have taken a shot at him?
Because Regan and Ford didn't have any Secret Service protection at all.
Maybe~ although if you look at the assassination attempts that were referenced, the presence of the secret service did nothing to deter the attempts.  Its not the possibility of pulling it off (although the possibilities were there) but more the action and statement of the assassination.  Bush COULD have been assassinated, he didn't ride around in the Pope mobile.  Yet curiously, out of all the "crazed" lefties, no one tried.  Although some Iraqi did manage to almost hit him with a shoe~ so security was tight, eh?

They didn't deter the attempts because the assailants were nuts. Just like this idiot in Arizona.

So you are saying that all the people on the left are sane?
So, words mean nothing?  Why speak at all then?

Catalino Lucas Diaz

Secret Service: Man Climbs White House Fence; Man With Package In C... (AP via NBC4)

Authorities said the man had a package that was later destroyed with a water cannon. The incident prompted a security lockdown in the area for more than three hours. Authorities said the package didn't contain any dangerous items. A Secret Service spokesman says a man identified as 66-year-old Catalino Lucas Diaz, possibly of Florida, is in custody pending charges. The man jumped the fence along the northeast side of the White House, closing the area along Pennsylvania Avenue and Lafayette Park from 11:10 a.m. to about 2:30 p.m.

posted by the Fence Watcher at 6:23 PM

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Roger Witmer

Roger Witmer, 44, of Washington, DC, attempted to jump the south side of the White House fence today, but was captured by Secret Service before he could make it. He did throw a plastic bag (possibly more than one) over the fence, however. What was in the bag is still unknown, but Secret Service confirms no explosives found.

Witmer is now in custody, facing charges of unlawful entry and disorderly conduct.

In the news: CNN, AP via WaPo.

posted by the Fence Watcher at 5:30 PM

Monday, April 10, 2006

Brian Patterson again

Brian Patterson, a previous offender who has jumped the White House fence before, did it again yesterday.

From WTOP News: Screaming Intruder Jumps White House Fence.

The bearded man, wearing blue jeans and a white T-shirt that said "God Bless America," jumped the fence outside the White House and ran across the north lawn while repeatedly yelling, "I am a victim of terrorism!"

Members of the Secret Service emergency response team, including one holding a barking dog, chased Patterson with their guns drawn and surrounded him near the row of cameras set up for television stand-ups.

"I have intelligence information for the president," he said, waving his arms in the air. "I'm not afraid of you," Patterson screamed at the officers who were ordering him to the ground with guns drawn.

Patterson eventually kneeled on the ground and was taken into custody shortly before 4 p.m.

posted by the Fence Watcher at 9:52 AM

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Package Thrown Over Fence

All-Clear Given After Package Found At White House.

The Secret Service said a man is in custody after allegedly throwing an object over a fence at the White House.

"This individual has a done a similar act in the past and he is in custody," Secret Service spokesman Tom Mazur said.

A bomb squad was called to the scene and deemed the package to be harmless.

The package was noted just after President George W. Bush left on his helicopter from the South Lawn -- on the other side of the White House -- for a trip to Wheeling, W.Va. Reporters, cameramen and photographers were told to remain inside the briefing room while officers investigated

posted by the Fence Watcher at 1:35 PM

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Shawn A. Cox

AP via Washington Post: "A man from Arkansas scaled the fence surrounding the White House Sunday while President Bush was inside and was immediately captured by Secret Service officers.

"Secret Service spokesman Jonathan Cherry identified the jumper as Shawn A. Cox. Cherry said Cox was being charged with unlawful entry and was expected to appear Monday in U.S. District Court.

Cox has previously come to the attention of the Secret Service, Cherry said, but he would not provide details."

What is the point?  Not a single on of those had a bomb or weapon on them? Yes, crazy~ but harmless.  If you're trying to make a point, I'm not getting it.  Where are the liberals bombing shit?  Where are the democrats shooting people?

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service