Loudoun Co. (VA) supervisor calls atheists terrorists | NBC

Full article at NBC: http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Loudoun-County-Supervisor-C...

Controversy is brewing -- again -- over holiday displays at the Loudoun County Courthouse in Leesburg, Va., after an elected leader used the word "terrorists" to describe a group that's fighting a Christmas tradition.

Soon, the old Loudoun County courthouse lawn will be home to a Christmas tree, a nativity scene, a menorah and Santa Claus.

"And all of those displays are going to be equal," said Ken Reid, of the Loudoun County Board of Supervisors. “There’s not going to be one that’s dominant over the others.”

Several local atheists have noted that is a bit over the top, as Loudoun County was hit hard by the Sept 11,2001 attack on the Pentagon. - James.

"I think of it often and I imagine the scene clearly. Even if they come to kill me, I will tell them what they are trying to do is wrong, that [girls'] education is our basic right."—Malala Yousafzai, age fifteen, before she was shot by the Taliban for demanding the right to an education.

Views: 88

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What a tool.  I drive through Leesburg every weekday to get home from work.  The fuss the religionuts raised over last year's skeletal Santa was ridiculous.  When will they realize that by doing so, they are only strengthening our message?  Put baby Jesus back on private property where he belongs.

I say be wary of a religion that commands you not to lie or steal, but celebrates the birth of their figurehead on a false holiday date stolen from a competing religion.
Well ... I have it on good authority that there was supposed to be an eleventh commandment - thou shall not weasel - but God came down with a serious case of tendinitis from all that stone chiseling. Perhaps that also explains why there are no commandments against rape, child abuse, slavery or sexual discrimination either. For being such an infallible omnipotence you would think he would have at least had better priorities, since thou shall not be jealous of thy neighbor's donkey made the top ten. Many a good Christian has struggled with how the top ten outranked the evils of homosexuality too. Good thing for them that divorce was a low priority too though - Newt would never had been considered for a POTUS candidate of this Christian nation if that were the case.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

Deidre replied to JanBodh's discussion Whats your take on what Gandhi ji said about "mysterious power that makes it self felt". I have felt it few times in my life, have you ?
7 minutes ago
Glen Rosenberg replied to Deidre's discussion Dogmatic atheism?
8 minutes ago
chares martel posted a discussion
11 minutes ago
Deidre replied to Deidre's discussion What are u listening to?
14 minutes ago
Joan Denoo posted a blog post
23 minutes ago
Freethinker31 replied to Deidre's discussion Dogmatic atheism?
24 minutes ago
sk8eycat replied to James M. Martin's discussion Clown Show Coming: Why the Republitards Will Lose in 2016 Unless They Wise Up and Pick a Charismatic Candidate
28 minutes ago
sk8eycat replied to James M. Martin's discussion Clown Show Coming: Why the Republitards Will Lose in 2016 Unless They Wise Up and Pick a Charismatic Candidate
31 minutes ago
bobh commented on Jack Lawrence's video
48 minutes ago
Marie Walewska liked Neanderthal Man's video
56 minutes ago
Sentient Biped commented on Loren Miller's photo
1 hour ago
Joan Denoo replied to JanBodh's discussion Whats your take on what Gandhi ji said about "mysterious power that makes it self felt". I have felt it few times in my life, have you ?
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service