Typical unbiased and non-partisan WorldNet -

'Lose Christianity or face expulsion'

A lawsuit against Augusta State University in Georgia alleges school officials essentially gave a graduate student in counseling the choice of giving up her Christian beliefs or being expelled from the graduate program.

School officials Mary Jane Anderson-Wiley, Paulette Schenck and Richard Deaner demanded student Jen Keeton, 24, go through a "remediation" program after she asserted homosexuality is a behavioral choice, not a "state of being" as a professor said, according to the complaint.

Also named as defendants in the case that developed in May and June are other administrators and the university system's board of regents.

The remediation program was to include "sensitivity training" on homosexual issues, additional outside study on literature promoting homosexuality and the plan that she attend a "gay pride parade" and report on it. [...]

Actual legal complaint from Ms. Jesus attached.

This all reeks of being a guerrilla evangelist type project. Mainstream media has thankfully ignored it so far, with the only real attention in 'family' media and a few gay blogs [google]. The actual real story is impossible to deduce, but it has to be an attention whoring stunt. Waste of everybody's time in the long run, but in the short term is fuel to keep the fundamaniacs frothing. The chick looks like a fucking lizard but. Has that definite 'lights are on but nobody's home' glazed look.

Tags: geargia, glbt, idiots, lawsuit, media whore

Views: 75

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

As an aside, she looks like a post-op transsexual to me. Of course that's just me and I can't really stop anybody going and saying that in the comments section of any of the sites that carry the story.
She looks like she's related to Carrie Prejean, mostly. Blonde, bland, and homophobic.
ASU faculty have promised to expel Miss Keeton from the graduate Counselor Education program, not because of poor academic showing or demonstrated deficiencies in clinical performance, but simply because she has communicated both inside and outside the classroom that she holds to Christian ethical convictions on matters of human sexuality and gender identity," the law firm explained

If you are going to school for counseling and you are bashing gay people and being factually wrong about it being a behavioral choice, then you have failed that part of your "clinical performance."

Just change this to her being a white supremacist saying "I did great in all of my clinical work, but I think black people are inferior" and this wouldn't be a question at all. The more you hold onto fundamentalist religious beliefs, the less likely you'll be able to function in secular society. Time the religious wonkos accepted that.
Again, what's with immediately attacking the looks of some woman you don't agree with? This is similar to how fundies tell women that Darwin was sexist, as if that was supposed to have any impact on the the validity of his scientific research. We're supposed to be above this, guys.

If you inserted the brain of some girl who is nice and who isn't a fundamentalist whack-job, I'd have no complaints about her appearance and might be attracted to her. I'll give you the vacuous stare, though.

Anyway, on to my actual point ...
Absolutely, that's very responsible of Augusta State University. The last thing we need is to have more shrinks in the world who will do things that actively fuck people up. I wouldn't blame any university for not wanting to have one of those gay reprogrammers in their graduate list.
Again, what's with immediately attacking the looks of some woman you don't agree with?

And what's with you assuming I only do it to women? She looks like a lizard - male or female is irrelevant. It's a stupified look common to believers of any kind. I have pointed it out in males before. But you don't earn sensitivity points for noticing that.
Not the lizard part. The post-op transsexual part. I didn't use the right reply box. Sorry.
She just looks like the other famous botched reassignement surgery case Ann Coulter.

Master race? Indeed.
It still has nothing to do with anything.

Anyway, Anne Coulter looks a little ... off, yeah. She's not aggressively ugly, but when you factor in her poisonous personality, that pushes her over the line. This college student looks sweet, just horribly, horribly misguided.

Admittedly, that could all just be the skill of the photographer projecting that personality onto her. It's hard to tell from a simple photo.
Mother and Daughter, what a pair of cunts (and that's not a reference their genitalia).
So, anyone with a vaguely strong jawline is male?
Please, spare us your enlightened SNAG-iness. Save it for folks who care.
You're still missing (or ignoring) the biggest problem with your slurs against this girl. There's the fact that it's simply disgusting, yes, but more important is that the issue we're discussing has nothing to do with her looks.

When you degenerate to the level of ad hominem attacks, you're degrading the value of your argument. This is the kind of thing we expect from theists, telling women about how Charles Darwin was a bit of a misogynist, as if that had anything to do with his work in biology. We're supposed to be above that sort of thing.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service