Every once in a while you find something humorous in the Bible such as this passage from the twentieth chapter of Acts:

[9] And there sat in a window a certain young man named Eutychus, being fallen into a deep sleep: and as Paul was long preaching, he sunk down with sleep, and fell down from the third loft, and was taken up dead.
[10] And Paul went down, and fell on him, and embracing him said, Trouble not yourselves; for his life is in him.
[11] When he therefore was come up again, and had broken bread, and eaten, and talked a long while, even till break of day, so he departed.
[12] And they brought the young man alive, and were not a little comforted.

Views: 137

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And there are great similarites with the theist missing most of them. I find it strange that Paul (Saul of Tarsus) was a Roman citizen. Apply this to his writings and teachings and ask yourself how his message could help unify Rome. Then we have the great historian Flavius Josephus who was a Roman citizen. He was really Joseph ben Matityahu, a Jew who became a Roman citizen through the Flavian dynasty. Then there is that great emporer, Constantine the Great, who had all the books of the bible put together and had forseen that "in this sign you will conquer" meaning in the sign of the cross. His real name was Flavius Valerius Constantinus.

Too much "family" here of the same name for me. Looks like getting a state religion you can count on complete with platitudes and fairy tales was a planned thing.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz ... {CLUNK!!!}
Huh?  Huh?  What, what happened?!?

Ha ha ha ha!

I often fell asleep in church.  When I was about 30, I was sleeping and one of the head honchos came down from the stand, woke me up, and said "If you want to sleep, do it in your bedroom."

Wish I had taken his advice and never returned, but unfortunately, it took another 25 years.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service