Linkettes

Views: 660

Replies to This Discussion

Definitely Linkettes.
Have you ever tried Worthington Little Links? They're these extra-salty little brown weiners. Totally weird. You can't even put them in a bun. They're too tiny.
they were good, i remember my dad refusing to eat facon or stripples or any other kind of vegemeat that pretended to be 'unclean' meat, i love bacon
Vega-Links!

Blah. Neither!

I actually make my own- per vegandad instructions. 

Very cool. I'll have to try those!

They are super easy.

I used to work in a healthfood store- and they wouldn't carry any of the Adventist fake meats because they were so laden with chemicals. So, I figured not eating them was probably a good idea. Pretty nasty stuff on those labels.

Yeah, no kidding! I was always told being a vegetarian was so much healthier and less expensive. What a bunch of crock, when you consider how unhealthy all those vegie products were that I was raised on, and how pricey, as well. Here in Alaska, all of those alternative products are around $9 per can.

I'm still largely a vegetarian. It's what I prefer, it IS less expensive if done right, and most reasonable people seem to think it's healthier to limit the amount of red meat you eat, anyway.

When I left Adventism, I came to realize that I had been a vegetarian for religious reasons. When I was still an SDA, and someone would ask me why I was vegetarian, I would give them a long list of reasons it was better for you. What that boiled down to, was that if you went off the premise that EGW was a prophet of God, you just took her position as valid and piled up all the evidence you could in a corner to support it.

Now I tell people that I was raised vegetarian for religious reasons, and have largely continued to be so, out of habit and preference.

I was raised what you might call a "flexitarian"- my grandparents and my mom and I ate dinner every evening together, and so we often ate the standard meat and potatoes that my grandparents (not SDA) preferred.

Of course, at home we ate mostly vegetarian foods- and at schools- and I went ALL the way through the SDA system- vegetarian. So, I can do either- and I'm like you- I prefer vegetarian more often than not.

Crazy thing- in my home church, all the big families had made their money farming cattle. Hello? They were all vegetarian. I never could did get past that hypocrisy.

My SDA grandpa was a cattle farmer too! I thought that was interesting. Making money off the cattle's deaths. These days I luurrrve a good steak.
I always did- with peas and carrots on the side. :)
Always Big Franks.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

Latest Activity

Joan Denoo replied to Idaho Spud's discussion Utah's Governor Grinch in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
5 minutes ago
sk8eycat replied to James M. Martin's discussion Neil DeGrasse Tyson on Why "Cosmos" Will NOT be Accompanied by Creationist Explanation for...well...the Cosmos
8 minutes ago
sk8eycat replied to James M. Martin's discussion Neil DeGrasse Tyson on Why "Cosmos" Will NOT be Accompanied by Creationist Explanation for...well...the Cosmos
23 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to Gene Sokolowski's discussion Great New Book: Taking Liberties: Why Religious Freedom Doesn't Give You the Right to Tell Other People What to Do
40 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to Gene Sokolowski's discussion Great New Book: Taking Liberties: Why Religious Freedom Doesn't Give You the Right to Tell Other People What to Do
40 minutes ago
45 minutes ago
Joan Denoo liked Gene Sokolowski's discussion Great New Book: Taking Liberties: Why Religious Freedom Doesn't Give You the Right to Tell Other People What to Do
46 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to Gene Sokolowski's discussion ALL Politicians Should Be Made to Read: "Homosexuality, atheism etc: What's it to you?"
54 minutes ago
Mike Mitchell commented on Mike Mitchell's blog post Why You Shouldn’t Announce Your Atheism
56 minutes ago
Tom Sarbeck posted a discussion
58 minutes ago
Joan Denoo replied to matthew greenberg's discussion Kansas "Religious Liberty" bill
1 hour ago
Napoleon Bonaparte posted videos
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service