Religious and neocon radio host Linda Harvey said on her radio show on Mission America (look under "Supreme Court to Consider Marriage"), that since homosexuality is a "learned behavior,"  people  don't naturally engage in that kind of behavior, thus, gays are not "people" according to the law and do not qualify as a "person" under the 14th amendment in the Constitution of the United States. Harvey also says that gay people are not "beneficial" to society. [note: that was the argument of eugenics. I think this is an appropriate place to pull Hitler out here. He said the same thing.]  Harvey stated that:

“‘Person’ should be understood based on historic, beneficial, or at least neutral and fact-based traits; it should not be twisted to incorporate behavior that most religions and most cultures have said a firm ‘no’ to.

“It’s also behavior for which there’s no recognized science demonstrating a genetic or hormonal origin.  And it’s also not beneficial and does not stand the definition of marriage, used for millennia – that is, the act of consummation. It’s another sad fact of homosexual behavior that two men or two women can never consummate a marriage; they can never conceive children together.”

[So, since my wife and I cannot have children, we should have not gotten married.]

One of the first steps to genocide is to declare a group of people as sub-human or a non-person.-James.

Views: 144

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I totally agree with Loren.  I am astounded by the shit that comes out of people's mouths.  Linda Harvey is a total waste-product.

Ms. Harvey's just following a long standing tradition of making you enemies sub-human. In World War I, Germans were "Huns" - reminiscent of Attila's barbarian 'posse.' In World War II, they were Krauts and Huns, and the Japanese were Nips, Yellow Demons, and Monkey Men. In Vietnam, the enemy were Gooks and Slopes. In modern Middle East warfare, Towel Heads, Rag Heads, and Rug and/or Camel Fuckers.  It's one of the way to get young men to kill other people. Make the enemy less than human, and you're not really killing "people."

And, our country has a long tradition of doing that very thing right here within our own borders. Here's a list of different ethnic groups, all of whom are loyal and proud Americans, and see if you can think of any sub-human slurs: Blacks, Jews, Irish, Italians, Chinese, Hispanics, and the list goes on and on.

We are a violent, and at present, very fear filled nation. We are afraid of foreigners, people that don't share common cultural traits, and everyone that appears in someway, albeit however slight, to be different from ourselves. The intentional installation of fear and mistrust drives both our foreign and domestic policy. Terrorists attack an embassy in Libya, and someone needs to be publicly and figuratively hanged. Children are slaughtered and a response is I need a semi-auto to kill my neighbor who might intrude in my home while I'm watching a John Wayne or Clint Eastwood movie. 

In my younger years, the fear was if you treated black people as equals, they were going to rape all the white women. Justification for the KKK. Now, if you treat gays as equals, they'll turn your children into godless, libertine homos. Ms. Harvey and her ilk are the current crop of apologists for fear, ignorance, hatred and the promotion of senseless violence.

It wasn't the radio announcers in Kigali that carried out the Hutu genocide of the Tutsi in Rwanda. But a constant shriek, by them, of the enemy Tutsi "cockroaches" helped justify it in the minds of the butchers.

From personal experience, being relegated to "less than 100% human" or "them" is a hard row to hoe.  Maybe it build character.  Maybe not.  Mrs. Harvey knows that - I'm sure it's why she's found someone to demonize.  It's a sign of basic, manipulative cruelty, and is a dangerous character flaw.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service