How many atheists here, though not believing in God, Satan, heaven or hell, still believe in some kind of conscious existence after death ? Anyone ? I, for one, do not believe in any kind of conscious existence after death. Death is the end.

Tags: Consciousness, Continuation, Death, Life

Views: 1681

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is precisely where belief and faith fail to meet the criteria of truth. There is just no evidence to support such claims of life after death, even though there are those to claim to talk to the dead and see ghosts of their loved ones. 

Immortality, to me, is surviving in the memories of others. Live life in such a way that loved ones want to remember me and tell stories about me to their children. I have two great-grandmothers that live today in memories, even to my great-grandchildren. My great-grandson has a tool that belonged to my great-grandmother. That is seven generations, and he tells her story as if he lived it. 

Yeah, death ends it all. Happiness, unhappiness, everything.

Easier to say, perhaps, because I have no offspring.

For fun I have long enjoyed telling people, especially xians who know I'm an atheist, that in my next life I will be a part-time lawyer and a part-time massage therapist. Doing both, I will get my clients' bank accounts and their bodies.

Lately I've added that I will choose my next parents more carefully.

Finis.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service