I have wondered for years if there is a correlation between atheism and left or right hemispherical dominance in the brain. I am right brained, (and left handed) 11/5. You can take the test yourself to determine your dominant side.

http://www.intelliscript.net/test_area/questionnaire/questionnaire....

I know the right brain is visually, emotionally, and creatively motivated and the left is logical, systematic, and mathamatical. I would like to know if there is a predominance of one side over the other in atheism.

Views: 183

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My result was an even split.

Right Brain/ Left Brain Quiz
The higher of these two numbers below indicates which side of your brain has dominance in your life. Realising your right brain/left brain tendancy will help you interact with and to understand others.
Left Brain Dominance: 9(9)
Right Brain Dominance: 9(9)
Rather than provide a link back to the quiz we've all done, try a random link.
The higher of these two numbers below indicates which side of your brain has dominance in your life. Realising your right brain/left brain tendancy will help you interact with and to understand others.
Left Brain Dominance: 10(10)
Right Brain Dominance: 12(12)
I found the one posted by Talia more helpful. http://www.atheistnexus.org/xn/detail/2182797:Comment:736599

The results from this test and the one from intelliscript.net were similar but the breaking down helps me understand more.
Left Brain Dominance: 9(9)
Right Brain Dominance: 9(9)
Left Brain Dominance: 12(12)
Right Brain Dominance: 5(5)

This makes sense to me. I'm a terrible drawer, I can't improvise music at all and I frequently have a hard time sympathizing with people I think are wrong.
Your Left Brain Percentages

53% Linear (Your most dominant characteristic)
47% Reality-based
34% Symbolic
34% Logical
27% Verbal
22% Sequential (Your least dominant characteristic)

Your Right Brain Percentages

55% Concrete (Your most dominant characteristic)
52% Fantasy-oriented
48% Holistic
45% Random
32% Nonverbal
20% Intuitive (Your least dominant characteristic)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iESKGuXsVJE&feature=related i am as well right brained. I have always thought of my self as impulsive and a dreamer. :)
Hmm. I've gone more right brained. Perhaps that means I am becoming more well rounded... nah.

My Results...
Left Brain Dominance: 8(8)
Right Brain Dominance: 4(4)
Left Brain Dominance: 8(8)
Right Brain Dominance: 7(7)

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service