I have wondered for years if there is a correlation between atheism and left or right hemispherical dominance in the brain. I am right brained, (and left handed) 11/5. You can take the test yourself to determine your dominant side.

http://www.intelliscript.net/test_area/questionnaire/questionnaire....

I know the right brain is visually, emotionally, and creatively motivated and the left is logical, systematic, and mathamatical. I would like to know if there is a predominance of one side over the other in atheism.

Views: 189

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm somewhat ambidexterous as well ;o)

Right Brain/ Left Brain Quiz
The higher of these two numbers below indicates which side of your brain has dominance in your life. Realising your right brain/left brain tendancy will help you interact with and to understand others.
Left Brain Dominance: 10(10)
Right Brain Dominance: 9(9)
The higher of these two numbers below indicates which side of your brain has dominance in your life. Realising your right brain/left brain tendancy will help you interact with and to understand others.
Left Brain Dominance: 5(5)
Right Brain Dominance: 11(11)

NEAT!!
Left Brain Dominance: 9(9)
Right Brain Dominance: 14(14)

a NEET from Thailand lol
Left Brain Dominance: 7(7)
Right Brain Dominance: 10(10)

I would like to point out that there were several questions that didn't have satisfactory answers for me. For instance - I had to say no to the 'two sides' question - since I usually see many more than two sides to most questions. Also, when I'm confused - what does 'go with my gut' really mean? Yes, I can make decisions with insufficient information - if you can't, then you can't make decisions. And if you don't feel a little confused at all times - you're deluded.
Left Brain Dominance: 10(10)
Right Brain Dominance: 11(11)

Mine is interesting as I'm a working artist as well as a Software Test Engineer, pretty equal which seems right
Right Brain Dominance: 9(9)

I'm not sure if it was accurate. A couple questions I wasn't sure of the answer, like the one about which way you turn your head. I didn't know what to answer.
Well this is very interesting.
Right Brain Dominance: 10(10)

Since I'm on the atheist side of agnostic, I find the fact that my numbers are so close very telling.
I am left-handed, and according to Nate's link, left-brained. o.O

I can be quite creative, but I did terrible in my philosophy class in undergrad, because I tended to argue more concretely, like a lawyer. XD I'm also in a doctoral program for forensic clinical psychology, so I guess that's partly why.
Right Brain Dominance: 6(6)
My numbers don't add up nearly as high as most others - what is that all about? I was left handed but my parents gave up struggling to teach me everything left handed and just made learn with my right before I was old enough to protest. I still shoot, throw, carry, etc. pretty equally well with both hands, but 'fine' tasks usually require my right hand.
Right Brain Dominance: 13(13)

I am right handed for what it's worth
Do you think that a person's brain dominance can change over time? I used to score right-brained. In the past few years I score more left-brained. This coincides with becoming atheist. No question people also answer with a bias of how they want to see themselves, but in these past few years logic and reason have become much more important to me, whereas in the past it was more emotions and "intuition". In the past, math was also my mortal enemy, but more recently I've gotten As in math (it was basic math, but still. I understood it and loved it.)
Some of the questions were a little too black and white for me, but I did my best and got this:

Left Brain Dominance: 6(6)
Right Brain Dominance: 8(8)

Interesting because I'm right handed. Hmm...

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service