Any on here?

We have two amazing children and recently decided we want two more... we are not loaded, but comfortable. Personally my drive is that I love how we parent together and we have an awesome relationship.  As one who was brought up with religion the "God has more out there for me..."'s are like nails on a chalkboard in the back of my head.  Has anyone had expeirence with this?

Growing up mormon it was just a no-brainer that there would be lots of kids underfoot whether you wanted it or not, then as an adult with my own views I only wanted two (because of all the normal reasons; money, space, time w/child.), now today as a mother of two I totally believe I/We can/want to do this!  That should be enough right!?

I guess my biggest internal issue is that I have never known anyone who planned on a big family (is 4 kids even considered big these days?) The stories I know are the ones who had one child and a bunch of 'suprises' or God 'sent' them aaaaaall their kids (haha) -never yes, we wanted/had *this* many kids and planned for it.

Thniking I just need to hear from some new people! :)

Views: 366

Replies to This Discussion

I am an atheist and I have 3 boys - 10 years, 5 years and 2 years old.  I love them all and wouldn't have it any other way. :)

I love that spacing!, the two we have are 3 1/2 years apart and it was definitely nice that he had a little bit of independence. 

We'll see what happens... We can plan all we want, but life usually has other things in mind LOL

I did try to have one sooner after my first - but lost 2 and suffered infertility.  It would have been nice to have them a bit closer, I think that in the long run my younger two will be closer as kids and play more together, as my eldest is just about a teenager now.  Meaning he is starting to move away from child playing and more looking into growing up.  He needs more support, as he is quite alone on this journey as his younger brothers are still very much children, so he doesn't have their companionship and the younger ones are time consuming for us parents meaning that he may not be getting a feeling that we are with him either.  But we are all doing our best :)  It's like that in families - we do our best, but there's no perfect situation and each situation gives rise to unique and special qualities... :)

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service