http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8083479.stm

So...who is as happy as I am that this no talent hack/former alcoholic/former drug addict has finally rid this earth of himself?

Seriously though, he was given more then his fair share of breaks in Hollywood, had worldwide fame, and hangs himself in a closest...fail

Before I get the required hate messages...just remember it takes more effort to live.

Views: 32

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Absolutely it takes more effort to live, but it is still in incredibly poor taste to take glee in the death of someone who is guilty of nothing more than having overcome drug/alcohol addiction, not being a good actor, and having had the good fortune to have been fairly lucky in his chosen career.

I'm not particularly familiar with him, so unless he was advocating a brand of politics or hate that was demonstrably contributing to wider human suffering (beyond being in "Kung Fu, the Legend Continues") I think a moment of silence for his grieving family is more in order.
If somehow it was staged to look like suicide I would quickly recant and scream " Get those bastards who murdered an elderly man."

Sadly for his friends and family, it appears he was just being selfish.
"...who is as happy as I am that this no talent hack/former alcoholic/former drug addict has finally rid this earth of himself?"

You obviously knew him very well. It seems his contribution to the world didn't meet with your personal standards, and so you take delight in his death. Still, I wonder if as much of the world will feel the same about you and your contributions to this same world. Surely you are at least as well known for your contributions.

Why don't you list a few, just for comparison?

You also said "...just remember it takes more effort to live."

It seems to me it takes a bit of bravery to determine the moment of one's death and going through with it. Why don't you prove me wrong? If you're successful, we'll call it one of your contributions to the edification of human knowledge.

But at present I'd wager he's brought more enjoyment to the world than... who are you again?
HAHAHAHAHAHA and .....

Wait for it .....

HA

You have made my day, thank you for being so gullible and totally missing the point of what I typed, you are great, keep up the hard work.
Ahhhh... a troll. How quaint. Never seen one of these before... nope.... never.
If you think its a troll, then why would you feed it? Hasn't anyone told you to not feed trolls?

Sorry to disappoint you, but I am not trolling. I was being facetious about being completely gleeful.

I was and am quite serious that anyone who commits suicide without having a guaranteed medical death anyways, is a selfish loser and should not be mourned.

Moreover, a person who had so many things we did not...truly all "celebrities" who kill themselves out of temporary depression deserve no compassion.

You say think of the families, I am, unlike those who kill themselves needlessly.

It seems Alex was, as is normally the case, the only one to get what I saying.

Once you have been depressed enough to try and commit suicide, you will look back, realize how selfish you were being, and forsake those who do the most selfish act needlessly.
At first I wasn't sure, so I gave your post the benefit of the doubt. Now, I am far more sure.
autoerotic asphyxiation
A means of intensifying orgasm by depriving the body of oxygen. Is performed my both sexes, and can be done alone while masturbating, or during sex. People usually bite on a citric fruit, eg lemon, lime, to bring them back to earth after they orgasm. It often accidently kills the people performing it.
I liked "Kung Fu" I also liked Carradine in "Kill Bill' which I think was the best thing he ever did.

I wasn't aware he was a recovering alcoholic/addict. (there's no such thing as "an ex- alcoholic") Suicide is a not-uncommon side effect of alcohol and drug addiction recovery.

To be able to celebrate the death of such a person implies you knew him intimately or have perhaps been hurt in some way by an addict or alcoholic.If not,your comment is tacky and shallow.

Oh, I'm a recovering alcoholic. (6 years,11 months,5 days)
Matt wrote: "So...who is as happy as I am that this no talent hack/former alcoholic/former drug addict has finally rid this earth of himself?

Seriously though, he was given more then his fair share of breaks in Hollywood, had worldwide fame, and hangs himself in a closest...fail

Before I get the required hate messages...just remember it takes more effort to live."

Hey, did you read what AcesLucky wrote? It's perfect.
Actually, there is. That lame 'once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic' is A.A. theistic propaganda, not supported by the evidence or by science

Au contraire.The claim is part of the illness/learned behaviour dichotomy which remains controversial,even amongst scientists.

I apologise for my apparent dogmatism. No excuse, I was miffed at the poster. I SHOULD have said: "in my experience,there is no such thing as an ex-alcoholic".

An atheist AND sober member of AA, I have always ignored the theism and fatuous philosophy. There are a significant number of atheists in AA,especially in my home group. I went to meetings three times a week for the first two years,now it's about once a year. I got fed up with brain damaged dropkicks rabbiting on about their personal relationship with their higher power". AA is there if I need it.

So far I have never met an alcoholic who has managed sustained controlled drinking,which is what I consider the only reasonable measure of a cure. However,I agree it should be possible.

I do NOT believe alcoholism is simply a disease OR learned behaviour. I think it can be either. I've met people who were gone from their first drink IE they were unable to stop until unconscious. It took me over a decade before my drinking became uncontrollable. Today I MIGHT be able to drink in a controlled way. However, I'm not willing to take that risk .I remember what it was like.I'd literally rather die than go back there.

It's the interpretation of evidence which is often problematic,not necessarily the evidence. per se. There have been literally thousand of peer reviewed books and articles written over the last 20 years,supporting BOTH arguments.

My bottom line is I use what works to keep ME sober.I Do NOT claim my approach is the only one. I do claim,that total abstinence 100% guaranteed to keep me sober.Controlled drinking cannot make that claim.

AA is deeply flawed as an organisation and in it's philosophy, which after all was invented aver 70 years ago by a pair of drunks.Many of it's members,even the sober ones are obsessive, dogmatic--and nuts.

AA's actual long term success rate is less than 5%. BUT for the majority of its members,AA is a refuge of last resort.There IS nothing else. I'm aware of no other rehab programme which has a consistently,significantly higher long term success rate than AA. (say 20% ).

A "cure" is measured in years,not months.
I'm late to this party, but I wanted to point out a couple of things...

First is that the foundation of AA was modeled on the Oxford Group -- it's very foundation is religious, which is probably why you have to filter so much of it out. It's designed to be a religion; sobriety is just a perk of conversion.

Second is that while alternatives to AA may not be able to boast a better success rate than 5% (which is AA's success rate, and also the success rate of those who quit using no program at all), they do exist: Rational Recovery, SMART Recovery, for instance.

Anyway, Congratulations on your 7 years of sobriety!

Very best.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service