http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/kansas-makes-anti-gay-discr...

When passed, the new law will allow any individual, group, or private business to refuse to serve gay couples if “it would be contrary to their sincerely held religious beliefs.” Private employers can continue to fire gay employees on account of their sexuality. Stores may deny gay couples goods and services because they are gay. Hotels can eject gay couples or deny them entry in the first place. Businesses that provide public accommodations – movie theaters, restaurants – can turn away gay couples at the door.

And if a gay couple sues for discrimination, they won’t just lose; they’ll be forced to pay their opponent’s attorney’s fees. As I’ve noted before, anti-gay businesses might as well put out signs alerting gay people that their business isn’t welcome.

yes, this is happening in 21st century America.  legalized discrimination against a group of Americans, because....God hates fags?  i'm not gay, yet this has me hopping mad.  fucking motherfuckers don't even have the decency to be honest about what they're doing:

State Rep. Charles Macheers (R), one of the leading proponents of the bill, said the proposal would “prevent discrimination” and would put Kansas “on the right side of history.”

the right side of history?  the man is either a lying sack of shit or his brain is made up pudding.  

i'm having a hard time fathoming just how incredibly backwards this legislation is.  i can't believe that religion gets this much deference in allowing blatant, LEGALIZED discrimination.  if your religion requires you to discriminate against Americans for no other reason than you think your imaginary deity agrees with your bigotry you're not a religion - you're a hate group, and you should be treated as such.  

personally, i think that any lawmaker affiliated with this bill should be sent to prison, or at least removed from office.  

Views: 686

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, then I won't throw a Dutch cheese at you.

BOO-YAH!!!!

This is what's wrong with this country and the world. Basing laws and human rights based on a religious belief has kept man-kind from evolving mentally and technologically. The reason it took man so long to get to where we are now is because of religious hypocrites. I am not homosexual but I believe that every man or woman has the right to do what they won't. To fire someone or not serve someone based on sexual preference is religious bullshit. If I fired someone for being a Christian I would be burnt at the stake. Grow up people. Open your eyes. Christianity and other religions is what is holding development back. I dare any christian to get out of there shell and actually think and realize that we are not the result of a divine being but the product of evolution and natural selection. I will end this by saying that I thought their bible said not to judge. Just saying.

Alan, You say what needs to be said!

It's outrageous to think that practicing your religion requires you to discriminate. The idea that serving gay people makes one complicit in their "sin" is absurd. If you go into business and enjoy all the benefits of doing so, you are obliged to serve all, not just those you think agree with your religious prejudices.

The rapid progress the gay rights movement has made in the last few years has frightened some into writing this kind of legislation in hope of reversing that progress or at least stopping it. If this is signed into law there will be challenges and the state will be forced to foolishly spend money defending it.

The religo-facist morons in Kansas and Indiana are cut from the same cloth.  I refuse to set foot in either state or to purchase anything that I know is produced in these states.  

Since neither state has a beach, a major airport, or good weather, theres not much for me to boycott. When I was a grad studnt at Purdue in Indiana, it was a profoundly miserable, hateful place for LGBT people. Other than corn and meat, what is made there? I think Subaru is in Indiana or used to be. Upset some local christians when the factory opened and there was a Shinto blessing, but people got over it. $$$ speaks.

Kevin Sharkey's message of six years go, sadly, has yet to be taken to heart and yet to be realized by the church's clerical leadership. How long before Home sapiens free themselves from superstitions and delusions? It is atrocious that dogma not only permits discrimination, it maintains and perpetuates it.  

Catholic Church Can Overcome Fear of LGBT People

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service