Seems kind of blasphemous to me, but then I'm not a christian.  What next, Jesusburgers, Jesusmobiles, JesusDay?

Jesusween.com

Makes me want to give out atheist tracts with the little obesity-producing cavity-generating candy bars.

Views: 201

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Let's hope few Travelers stop there to rest!  :)

I grew up Baptist.  Every Sunday was Judgement House in one form or another.  And every wednesday.  There was much to judge, with much of the church showing up hung over.  But that's not who was being judged.....   

One time my bff put about a dozen condoms in my large candy bucket and I handed out a few before I noticed.  Of course, then I just kept handing them out with the candy.

Stop giving me ideas,  You are challenging my self restraint.

via buzzfeed....  official candies of jesusween....  I never know whether stuff on the web is real.

The comments on that buzzfeed link....  some of the comments are hilarious - Nexus is so civil in comparison!

"I'm just gonna say that I think its negative for you to use the word idiotic."

"you're just being a self-righteous moron"

and this  one.....

"This reminds me of when I was a kid and there was this house that gave out pamphlets with a picture of Jesus and the cheapest sucker possible taped inside with the words ONLY A SUCKER DOESN'T BELIEVE IN JESUS! DON'T BE A SUCKER! The moral I took from this was that Evangelical Christians were cheap, rude, smug, and overweeningly pleased with what they considered their own cleverness, even when it was embarrassingly lame."

There is a huge market for Christian-branded merchandise, reported in Reason a few years ago.  You can get a porcelain statue of Jesus helping someone with his golf swing.  Another place to find Jesus merged with pagan gods -- Haiti. 

Every year Halloween seems weirder to me...

If Halloween gets weirder, it's only because of the attempted christian influence. 

If that's not blasphemy, what is?

Blasphemy? Try this. "Suffer the little children unto me."

This is such a good example of what cracks me up about religious people.  They so earnestly come up with ways to express their faith, but they don't have the slightest idea about the implications of the outcome.  Their naivety really is astounding. 

Right...and thanks to S/B for the pic.  So why is this not blasphemy?  As long as you don't say anything bad about their Savior, associate him with sex/sin (you don't find Jesus-branded condoms - I don't think), or imply that the story is untrue, it seems anything goes.

Genesis 1:3-4 "And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, and it was good"

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service