My schools "Fellowship of Christian Students" was giving out free bagels this morning. There was a buzzing swarm of students surrounding the blue tables where the damp, stale bagels sat in large plastic bags, accompanied by plastic knives and tubs of butter and cream cheese. I asked one of the girls behind the table (they were pretty much all girls, wearing crucifix necklaces and yelling "FREE BAGELS!") what they were giving out the bagels for, and she said something about letting people know that jebus loves them, yada yada. I paused and said, "Whatever." (My dictionary of humorously sardonic responses to Christian clichés has not yet been fully built...) So anyway, I took the bagel and walked off to class.

What would you have done? Would you have even taken a bagel in the first place?

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would have licked a bagel and put it back.
I have that affect on people. If you think that's funny, you should see me naked.
I would have asked if they were Kosher.

And then called the health department.
I don't really care for bagels that much. Jesus must not like me. If he really loved me, he'd give me pancakes. Although, I'd probably take a bagel anyway. It's free, why not? I'm not above taking free food, even if the reason it is being given out is against my principles.
Yeah, that's kinda how I thought too :)
Starving children in Africa is God's way of teaching people like you the benefits of generosity. Their suffering makes you better person when you give to them. So be thankful of their suffering, as it is your ticket to heaven.
free food is free food, take it and run

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

Todd Crispin replied to Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion Pope Francis confesses that Evolution and the Big Bang theory are right: God isn't 'a magician with a magic wand' in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
25 minutes ago
Patricia replied to Todd Crispin's discussion Unidentified Flying Objects?
39 minutes ago
Profile IconTodd Crispin, Kristi H and Connor Galletly joined Dr. Terence Meaden's group
43 minutes ago
Todd Crispin posted a status
"Sitting here eating sunflower seeds waiting for smart people to create a pill to make be skinny again....lol.."
46 minutes ago
Todd Crispin replied to Todd Crispin's discussion Unidentified Flying Objects?
55 minutes ago
Jimmy McCann replied to Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion Pope Francis confesses that Evolution and the Big Bang theory are right: God isn't 'a magician with a magic wand' in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
1 hour ago
Todd Crispin replied to scott martins's discussion IS EVERYBODY 100% POSITIVE THERE IS NO GOD?
1 hour ago
Mequa replied to Deidre's discussion What are u listening to?
2 hours ago
Deidre replied to Deidre's discussion What are u listening to?
2 hours ago
2 hours ago
Todd Crispin replied to Todd Crispin's discussion Unidentified Flying Objects?
2 hours ago
3 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service