I'm impressed!  The last time I saw photos of Jesus, he had long flowing locks.  Damn hippie!  Tonight I came home to this circular:

Almost trendy!  At least it's not a mullet!  

Jesus has really cleaned up his act.  A goatee would be better, but hey, this is 2013 and full facial hair is in again.  Plus, it's nicely trimmed, if full.

I remember reading somewhere, Jesus didn't really have the Tiny Tim hair style anyway.  Something about, being a carpenter, the long hair was in danger of getting caught in his band saw or power drill and then he would need to miracle himself.

Not sure of his ethnicity - Alsatian maybe?  

Well, at least everyone is smiling.  They all have nice white teeth, too!  Another of Jesus miracles, detailed in the book of Crest.

Then there's the 6-pack abs.  How did he get those?  Must be the fishing.  Hard work hauling in those nets.  I haven't had abs like those since I was 33.

Probably not the response the mysterious visitors wanted.  I wish they were here so I could discuss "Brad Pitt Jesus" with them.  He's much sexier than he was before his make-over.

Maybe next time.  I always think of the best thing to say hours, even days, later anyway.

Views: 2313

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Our local libraries have a separate section for Fantasy and Science Fiction...THAT's where I'd put all the religious books.  Maybe that's why I never could get a job as a library clerk, even though I passed the civil service exams...twice.

I thought he looks like a young Mark Harmon (NCIS).

Yet another Nazi Aryan ideal Jesus. Oh, yeah, he really did look like this.

Based on the ethnicity and the time a more likely picture of jeebus is

Based on evidence of his existence a more likely picture of jeebus is

It's a striking likeness - must be a photograph taken from life.

I wish his followers photographed equally as well.

Send that to the Jackson (Michigan? Ohio?) Middle school.  They're having a hissy-fit because the FFRF told them that a tacky (mass-produced print) of an anonymous model titled "Head of Christ" did not belong in the entryway of a public school...so the school board took it out of the Middle School, and hung it up in the high school.  As IF that made a difference.

I think you can see a copy of the silly thing hanging in every protestant Sunday school classroom in the US.

Go to full-size image

C'mon Jim, that's not a very sexy-looking jebus! :)

I think you're right.  Maybe the eyes should be a little darker.

My daughter said something to her (religious) BFF about if there actually was a jesus, he'd have been a short, dark, jewish man.  Her BFF disagreed, saying, he doesn't look like that in all the pictures of him. Seriously.

Maybe Mary was short, dark and Jewish, but what if the god was tall and blond?  Just saying.  It's all silly anyway.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service