Pope defrocked almost 400 priests in 2 years.  For sexually molesting children.

AP but also numerous other sites.

I'm not a bible expert.  I can't think of any bible verses that forbid pederasty.  That makes sense in a religion that regards women as property and promotes slavery, but considers mixed fabrics an abomination.

Save the children by abolishing catholicism.

Tags: Jesus loves the little children, catholicism, catholicism = pederasty, hypocrisy

Views: 227

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Christine, I hate the whole missionary concept too.  I can't stand it when someone says they or their kids are going to be missionaries, and they say it with this look on their face like they are doing the most wonderful thing...

My MIL once mentioned some charity or other, Christian of course, and I decided to Google it.

FIRST bunch of links that come up are about how the CEO or whatever he was of this charity killed himself over allegations of molesting a girl.

Wrote her a letter politely explaining that we researched it, but would not be donating b/c of this news. She was mortified, not just for having supported it, but for having promoted it, and maybe a little bit b/c it was a glaring example of how Christians can be evil scam artists and her atheist DIL had to be the one to tell her!

Granted, the charity could still be capable of great things, not everybody there is a molester I'm sure, but chances are if the head honcho is a molester, he'd be sympathetic to others....

My family is part Humanist, part religious.  Some of the religious members have gone on foreign missions, opening schools and clinics in "backward regions" -- actually, bastions of Catholicism!  Switching them from Catholic to Baptist is seen as doing God's work.  I see it as interfering in a culture they aren't part of and can't understand.  But hey, that's just me.

The concept of sending missionaries to other cultures to convert them to a religion is pretty offensive. Seems like it has elements of paternalusm, ethnocentrism, racism, exploitation...

I agree! My cousin was an altar boy who may have been molested by an oh-so-popular priest. It may have been why he killed himself years later. Too bad murdering priests is against the law.

My SIL is a missionary who has been traveling around the world the past few years during her work vacations (schoolteacher.) She was once telling me about her latest adventure, and I felt compelled to say something- "It's nice that you're trying to do something good," is all I could come up with, words to that effect.

Boy was I ever biting my tongue HARD. But I did mean what I said (instead of outright lying to people, I usually find a different way to say stuff!) I DO think she's cool for doing what she THINKS is the right thing. She means well.

But if anybody in the family ever asks me directly how I feel about missionaries in general, they will get an earful.

The good news is that she's giving it up finally; the bad news is that she's already donated $10k or so to the missionary program. Oh the misguided intentions.............

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service