Would the sysops consider creating a top level folder named “Abortion rights” and move into it all of the following folders? That would make life a lot simpler for everyone participating in these discussions.

Politics
Why are so many atheists pro-abortion-rights?
Why are so many atheists against prenatal personhood?
Pro-life
Why are so many atheist against prenatal personhood?
Birth control to be considered abortion?

Ethics and Morals
Are there any Pro-life atheists out there?
Why are so many atheists pro-abortion?
Late-term Abortions: The Law & the Sanctity of Human Life
When does a zygote become a human being?

Theism, Deism & all things religious
A reason why theists (Christians in particular) are so anti-contraceptive/abortion etc.

Tags: abortion

Views: 13

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I already do that, when necessary. For instance, people have a tendency to post things in "Introductions" that aren't introductions. If I'm feeling energetic, I tell them how to move their post, and why. If I'm not, I just move them to a (hopefully) more appropriate category.

Changing the category wasn't what George was asking for. My understanding is that he was hoping one file could be created for all the abortion topics so that people could keep track of them. Moving them all to one category would flood it, and some of the discussions would still fall to the bottom of the heap.

I tagged a lot of the abortion related topics today. People can now click on the "abortion" tag, and it will bring up a list of related discussions from the forum.
No, the proposal was just to create a top-level folder titled 'Abortion Rights.' (Is that what you mean by 'Category'?) All of the identified discussions could all be moved into that folder. I would not want them all merged into a single file, or discussion.

I don't think that using the 'Tag' provides anything like the same visibility. We are still going to have new users go into the 'Politics' folder or the 'Ethics and Morals' folder, and, not seeing the question in the first page, will start yet another redundant discussion.
I wasn't contradicting anything you wrote George, nor was I suggesting the abortion discussions be merged. Categories are things like "Atheist Nexus Discussions, Ideas & Site Suggestions", "Introductions", "Atheism", etc... These are the headings for the different area of the discussion forum.

I agree with you about tags, but it's the best I can do. Because of the way Ning is programmed, I don't know if it's possible to do what you suggested. It would be a good idea if it could be implemented.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Darren Taggart posted a video

Ken Comfort on Internet Humour

Dealing with so-called Internet Online "Humour" from misinformed atheists.
5 minutes ago
sk8eycat commented on Sentient Biped's group Food!
15 minutes ago
Michael Penn commented on Donald R Barbera's blog post Things That Make You Go Hmmm . . . (Humor)
21 minutes ago
Profile IconBradley Prickett, Relaxed Atheist and anneshathaways joined Atheist Nexus
32 minutes ago
Loren Miller replied to Joe's discussion Children Exposed To Religion Have Difficulty Distinguishing Fact From Fiction, Study Finds in the group Atheist News
47 minutes ago
Michael Penn replied to Joan Denoo's discussion How Creationists in Texas Are Pressuring Schoolbook Publishers to Bring God into Biology
47 minutes ago
Joe added 3 discussions to the group Atheist News
59 minutes ago
Rick Springfield replied to scott martins's discussion IS EVERYBODY 100% POSITIVE THERE IS NO GOD?
1 hour ago
Idaho Spud liked WayneO's blog post And the Evening and the Morning Were the Fourth Day
1 hour ago
Idaho Spud liked Donald R Barbera's blog post Nipples, Nipples, Nipples
1 hour ago
booklover commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
1 hour ago
booklover commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service