There are plenty of applications where religion could be considering as psychologically damaging. I am interested in discussing the different ways it damages.
For one, I think it is not healthy to believe that 24/7, some conscious being is watching and judging your every thought and action, especially when you consider the broad spectrum of what is considered wrong by religious standards.

Views: 355

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The problem with that video was as much the apologist who came on after as it is Worley.  He wants to allege that Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13 are being taken "out of context" and that the bible is supposed to be about love when the violence and misogyny in the Old Testament by itself is rampant, unapologetic and utterly despicable, and where their main man affirms the law outlined in the OT with his statements in Matthew 5:17-20.

Some have said that such radical preachers as Worley are the true representatives of the bible.  I'm not certain I'm inclined to disagree...

I agree Loren.  Men like Worley and the ignorant bigots that populate the pews of his church  get their permission to hate from their mythical, ignorant, bigoted, misogynistic, child murdering, rape condoning, slave condoning but loving god.  They work hard to be just like him.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service