This is an excerpt from the Rude Pundit's blog today:

In the wake of terrible things happening to us, to our own, our impulse is to fuck shit up. In the immediate aftermath of 9/11, you could have made a pretty good argument to level the mountains of Tora-Bora and declare it a radioactive graveyard. Now, after the second goddamned public murder of an American journalist by the worthless goatfuckers of the Islamic State, the drumbeat for war, war, war in Iraq and Syria will get deafening. The battle cries of the oh-so-brave politicians and commentators have been yelped over the editorial pages and on the fetid air of right-wing radio and TV. Which is just what ISIS wants.

Down in hell, Osama bin Laden must be slapping his head, thinking, "Holy shit, did these fuckers learn nothing from me wrecking their economy and breaking their foreign policy into a thousand pieces?" The urge to burn it all down is strong. But unless you kill them all - and that means every family member, every ally, every sympathizer far and wide - all you're doing is making them stronger. Martyrs want their martyrdom.

War is their game. You wanna play their game again? For chrissake, the cockmonger who beheaded Steven Sotloff taunted, "I'm back, Obama." It's almost patriotic to want to see that guy forced to eat his own intestines until he chokes or bleeds to death. Obama is taking it slow, not because he doesn't care or doesn't know or is incompetent or whatever else people on the left and right have been hurling at the White House. It's because that's what you do when you give a fuck about the consequences of your actions. We have hurtled ourselves into the void before. And we ended up here. 

The entire posting is here: http://rudepundit.blogspot.com/

Tags: ISIS, Obama, war

Views: 189

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Obama gave a nice speech 9-10-2014 to address the issue of ISIS and what he proposed was the air strikes that I had expected. Already France and some others are wanting to go along with us on this issue. If we band together on this, we can break them up and keep them confused while the governments involved can use their armies on the ground to do the clean up. Others will be involved with our efforts here because this rogue mad dog group is a threat to everybody.

This could get very involved and I look for large fleet ships in the ocean around affected areas for us to launch our planes from.

I agree Michael,   This  will be in strong contrast to the 2003  invasion of Iraq when  most  of our allies  were  strongly  against  an invasion  so  Bush  acted  only with British  support.....This  time  everyone  is on board, and hopefully  Congress  will give  the support the President  needs as well.....I also  like the fact  this President is not  advocating  boots on the ground....The only ones  to permanently keep ISIS/ISIL  at bay  are the people  of Iraq  and Syria and  Turkey...The US military can provide  much  needed  training  and supervision  as well as supplying  equipment and materials...Obama shows  that  deliberate Rational  Thinking is the way to handle this mess....  

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service