Tags: America, Lost

Views: 367

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No offense to anyone, but I can't see anyone being for fracking, outside of conservative fundamentalist far right Christians. Just my opinion. I hear a lot of true horror stories about fracking. As for pendulum swings, I'm with Mindy. There's more people in the world today, and at least, at least, a billion of them are dead set on killing everyone on earth if we refuse to convert to their religious ideology, and if they ever get hold of nukes, don't make the mistake of believing they wouldn't ever use them. Nuclear power, in my opinion...SUCKS ! Nuclear technology is here to stay, because the idea cannot be unmade. Oh the fools who ever came up with such an idea that could lead to weapons basically becoming exploding suns on earth, or plants that can have meltdowns and poison us all.

i agree with you about fracking. We need to use less energy and become more conscious of the effects of energy mining on our ecosystem.

I wish this would happen Daniel.  There are too many greedy people out there though who don't give a hoot about the environment.  Money, money, money is all they think about.

For someone to say fracking is actually good for the earth is cuckoo to say the least.

Let me make one correction to what I said. I shouldn't have said over a billion people in the world wanting to kill everyone else. After I reread it I recognized my mistake. There are over a billion adherents to that religion, but not all of them are wanting us dead, only, maybe a couple million or so of them, want us dead. But let's be honest, there isn't a whole lot in their holy book that speaks about sitting down and having a good old time with the infidels, i.e., non-adherents. 

That's true Tony!

Anthony, only the bible says the earth was made for us.

You know the truth; we happen to be on it.

You certainly manage to catalog my concerns. Thank you!

I understand the sentiment behind the graphic. I would point out that, like others have pointed out, these are not new issues and have been symptomatic of our race for ages. Yes, I said ages. I think it has the feeling of being compounded with the advances of awareness in our communities. Larger audiences can now witness what occurs in other populations within seconds of the occurrence. Corruption can now be spread digitally, and disease spread even more easily thanks to advances in travel.

But the reality is that much of what is being mentioned in the meme, while very much serious issues, and they are growing, are also the loudest topics spoken about in media. All of the topics listed are symptoms of much larger issues. Pipelines, fracking, etc ---> Climate change and abuse of it by humans.  Children dying, Minority Rule, Rise of Hate Groups, etc ---> Lack of social policy in government. Though on a side note, the hate groups are on the rise. They are getting more attention because our culture has a major "bystander" complex. Cue the social policy issues we never seem to directly address because everything is "protected speech".

It goes on and on. It's like talking about your little aches and treating those individually instead of addressing the issue as a whole and alleviating multiple problems at once.

As if these things started yesterday...

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service