"I've been patient, I've been good, 
Tried to keep my hands on the pew
It's gettin' hard this holdin' back,

God knows, I know You knew,

I'm sure you'll understand my point of view, 
We know each other biblically
You gotta know that you're bringin' out
The goddess in me"

Let's get spiritual, spiritual...I wanna get spiritual....let me hear you talk in tongues, talk in tongues...etc etc etc (ad nauseum) "

(Note:  must be sung in Olivia Newton John fashion)

Loverly!
Multiple-raptures!

I always liked the verses from "Personal Jesus" (Depeche Mode) and this one seems appropriate when 'fishing' for intimate Christian fellowship:

"Take second best
Put me to the test
Things on your chest
You need to confess
I will deliver
You know I'm a forgiver

Reach out touch faith"

(I always wondered about that song....a tribute to phone sex maybe?  But I also could see it being a way to say: HEY, I may not be Jesus but give me a chance to charm you and win your heart anyhow!)

It's due to the program the site uses I guess-meaning that the program probably scans the most used words on the site and automatically puts ads in relation to those commonly used words.

Given that "Christian," "God," etc are used a lot on this site, the ad chosen is not a surprise.

I never see any of the ads on the site due to using a blocker, so I never see this in the first place. :P

Edit: dammit, someone beat me to the punch.

derp

Yup, Google Ads' use of keywords on the page results in some hilarious mismatches, many of which end up on places like Failblog.
Just read chapter 7 of the "Song of Solomon."

Check out the Lego version in 'Brick Testament'...it's just too hilarious for words:

http://www.thebricktestament.com/king_solomon/solomon_loves_foreign...

Whenever I want to get further information about Biblical Scripture, I go to 'Brick Testament'...it's just so visual (and colorful).

Do Atheist Nexus and other atheist groups advertise through Google?  If so, I'd imagine there are Christian and Muslim sites that are getting atheist banners. 

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service