Hope and Change my ass, right?
  With the most recent news on Obama's concession to republican demands [its political terrorism if you ask me] I ask you this; Is it time to simply stop hoping?  The Right[wrong] are only emboldened, and I can't stand to listen to the idiocy of their reasoning when perpetrating their agenda.  I'm getting sick of it, and it seems like Obama's losing his balls~ don't get me wrong, I understand he's in a tough spot, but shit, there's got to be a better way to go about this.  Your thoughts?

Views: 71

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is how i feel too.  I would like to hope. 

"Hope." Why did I wince at that word? It's become a sick joke.
So now we have this to put into the "plus" column for the president. Good for him.

what i've been gleaning from my counterintelligence operations (listening to alot of talk radio) is that he has slipped quite a few provisions into this new bill.  people such as rush are saying that they are pissed off if they go through with it~ that republicans are being fooled and so on.

could be legit, could be reverse psychology. who knows.

Here's an observation - people don't like talking about 2 things: politics and religion.  It's taboo for some reason, even though it's imperative.  On facebook I'd made millions of comments about DADT, stem cell research, how the RR just put out a 12 part DVD series called "Resisting The Green Dragon" (about how environmentalism was an evil agenda by liberals and the godless and how we need to protect our children from it) and that bozo politician who said we don't need to worry about global warming because god will end the world when "he" sees fit.  And you know what?  NO ONE will touch that stuff with a ten foot pole.  But if you say you vacuumed your living room, then everyone comments and you get a million "likes" etc.  My point is this: we have got to break the cycle of this stupidly dangerous taboo.  People need to start talking, people need to get educated, people need to know WHO is blocking what and WHO is filibustering what and people need to stop being so worried about offending those opposed.  Because as far as the average Joe's concerned, things aren't getting done in Washington so hell, it MUST be all Obama's fault, right?  So we should vote all Democrats out!  Right?  No!  Wrong!  These past elections are proof of that ignorance!  The fact that people cannot be bothered to do a little research about the crap that REALLY matters is so aggravating.  I think that until this political and religious hush-hush mentality goes away, we'll continue down the crapper.

Depends on the group of friends you have.  Sometimes I will see quite a bit of discussion other times not.

Most of my friends would agree with me, but either they don't feel it's worth adding any input or they feel this is just something that you do not talk about.  And then there are others whose hearts are in the right place but they're like huh?  What?  What's going on?  So who knows.  I just think it's important that more people start talking.

Good point.  We should all friend each other on Facebook and comment on each other's posts :-)

Sounds good to me. :)

Count me in

Yep, I think we should.  Then, maybe those who would comment would feel more comfortable doing so.

I agree, the most asinine shit is what usually gets the attention, while everything of consequence doesn't.  except the howard dean scream~ apparently that was worthy of not only noting, but ruining his campaign over.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service