I wanted to put this question out there to see how strongly everyone feels on this subject. Being that most of us trust in scientific fact and reasoning, I was wondering if everyone is absolutely, undeniably, 100% sure that a god doesn't exist.  I personally take into account that there is no proof of any cosmic creator so therefore I am about 99.9999% sure that there is no god. However we all agree that science is an ever evolving field and I don't think that there will ever be any proof to support the existence of a supreme being, but I can't be 100% sure until there is concrete proof against one. I would like to know what all of your thoughts on this.  

Views: 9637

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am 100% sure that there is no god or gods!
I am also 99.9% sure there is no god, as I am 99.9% there is no paranormal thenomea and everything else there thAt hasnt been run through the scientific method or double blind testing, or my own eye witness perfectly sane observations. If god knocked on my door and said "hey, Sarah, I exist." I'd eat my words. I like to say "anything is possible." because under extreme conditions physics gets very very weird. Time travel, dark matter, alternate universes ,anti matter, super fluids, oceans of diamond ect ect. it all matters what is meant when we use the word "god" god means differant things to differant people. Now I am pretty sure there is no Jeudo-Christian god or god in any way humans perceive them. If there is any thing even remotely close to what we would describe as god, it's probably like that talking nebula on Futurama, or the universe itself being a conscious organism. We Understand so little of the universe after all, scientist keep finding larger and smaller things after all... Why not? You could even say we're a genetic exteriment by a more advanced race..or brains in vats a la Matrix. how many suns blew up to create the nebula from which our own was born? I'm sure some of them had planets with life on them. I'm 99.99% sure none of these are true either, there is no proof and right now there is no technology to prove it, and there may never be. But history shows that the bible is mythology just like Greek and Egyptian. Why is that one the only right one? And why are all of them so similar? This what I base that 100% on. Hell and Satan didn't even appear until 300 ACE (I'm sure my dating is off) and THAT guy actually left documents behind. It's just mythology...and a dull one at that...why didn't they pick Gilgamesh or ancient Greek dammit??!!!
I would have to say that I am fairly confident that there is no god; but even science does not allow for 100%. Space is not 100% vacuum, even water can only be purified to 99.999999999 % or so.
"even water can only be purified to 99.999999999" and at that point you've created a powerful homeopathic medicine that works just as good as prayer :-)
It depends. One can be 100% certain that "there is no square circles" and that 1/0 does not exist.
i think that if there is a gXd it would be in the small every thing comes from the small every thing is made up from the small the starting of the cosmos is from the small the made up g?d came from the small, if he had a brain, the g=ds brain is made up from the small, the small stuff is made up of smaller stuff, is made up with even smaller stuff and on and on and on,this may never end ......this is it......so g_d will never be....there will never be and end to smaller stuff......joseph logston
how can the creator of every thing create the small. because every thing came from the smallest which may never end getting smaller
so all these particles which expanded from a piont (black hole) of nothing else, that evolve to make the cosmos from the vary small expanding changing point, have to evolve & mixed to form molecules thats in every thing that excised, will evolve to higher forms, so the small is the starting point not g?d dose g?d have no brain which consist of the small how can g?d create the small if you need the small to create something like a g?d, but we dont know whats beyond the cosmos are there more cosmos,s but it will be the same thing, every thing comes from the small. in the beginning only evolution is probable to have intelligence evolution haves to start frist. intelligence design is out of the question you have to evolve to get intelligences...100%
Damn... Now the unforgivable sin is blasphemy against the Hadron! But how could anyone blaspheme the Glorious Hadron in it's eternal beauty? They *should* be consigned to eternal darkness!
Such is the Charm and Beauty of Truth.

Why do you use the Jewish way of writing god? You know they do that because then "god" is not on anything that can be destroyed, right? Makes you look like a believer in fairy tales my friend. 

It depends on how the theist defines their god. There are so many definitions of god, hence the many religions and denominations. If they describe their god as having some of the attributes: omnipotent, omni-benevolent, omnipresent, etc. then I could begin to argue that such an entity can not exist. If you debate theists well, they re-define their gods each time their BS is called, and their gods become less and less powerful as the debate continues, until the theist becomes something resembling a christian/muslim/etc. deist.
I'm not an a-deist. I'm just positive that the gods as described in the bible, the quran, the scrolls, the hieroglyphs, etc., can not exist. The origin of gods are documented in history. God is nothing more than a concept.

edit: One argument I've heard before is that the probability of the christian god existing is lessened because there is also the probability that the muslim god exists, and the hindu gods, and the greek gods, etc.
Since there are infinite variations of the god concept, the probability that god existing is practically zero.
edit: ...until there is undeniable evidence, of which I can 100% say that there is none so far.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service