I wanted to put this question out there to see how strongly everyone feels on this subject. Being that most of us trust in scientific fact and reasoning, I was wondering if everyone is absolutely, undeniably, 100% sure that a god doesn't exist.  I personally take into account that there is no proof of any cosmic creator so therefore I am about 99.9999% sure that there is no god. However we all agree that science is an ever evolving field and I don't think that there will ever be any proof to support the existence of a supreme being, but I can't be 100% sure until there is concrete proof against one. I would like to know what all of your thoughts on this.  

Views: 12990

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Show me god and I'll believe but so far I haven't seen one so yes I'm sure. Are you 99.9999% certain the tooth fairy doesn't exist? People talk about the tooth fairy and write books about one...so it has to be real, right?
I don't believe in any gods because I don't see any valid path of reasoning that could lead to the conclusion that a god exists. In the case that no gods exist, how would you be able to find concrete proof? God isn't a concept that can be investigated. All of the circumstances surrounding belief in gods suggest that they do not exist, and that is enough for me. I don't think I need to assign a percent value to my certainty.
All circumstances, and conditions indicate that there is no God! life goes randomly and by chance. I live ,but in certain the absence of him. If he is there, he never stands silent of evil spread and goes on everywhere and everytime.
I would say there is as much chance for the existence of a god as there is a Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, tooth fairy, etc.
Never have I laid eyes upon any form of deity, neither with the assistance of a microscope or telescope. If such creatures existed they surely would have made themselves known by now. Especially since they supposedly did so quite often many years back. Perhaps they died or climbed aboard their spaceship and went home. To actually think that there is such a thing and that it has "our best interests" in mind is absurd. In fact their failure to render assistance to the myriad of individuals in need would make them callous and uncaring. It's a sad little fantasy and a sick and debilitating one at that.
99.9999% sure. The .00001% doubt that I harbour is based on the fact that I look at the universe wit a 3 lb. primate brain that while clever, is limitted.
I believe in God as I believe in the tooth fairy and Thor and Isis. Not really that much at all. and I see no proof of their supernatural powers nor do I see evidence of that in any "god" that has been put forth.

But I could be wrong, who can tell.
Im 100% sure that a god does not exist.......well minus the wife of course.
In response to the OP, before I could even consider that question, I'd have to ask: exactly what is a god and how do you arrive at that definition?
I would say I'm quite sure there is no god~ certainly no christian god, and if there is something that qualifies as a creator of the universe, its far beyond our capacity to understand it at present; it might as well not be there.
you can't prove there is a god, but you also can't prove that there isn't one - and anyone who is 100% sure of something is not to be trusted.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service