Atheist Nexus Logo
I wanted to put this question out there to see how strongly everyone feels on this subject. Being that most of us trust in scientific fact and reasoning, I was wondering if everyone is absolutely, undeniably, 100% sure that a god doesn't exist.  I personally take into account that there is no proof of any cosmic creator so therefore I am about 99.9999% sure that there is no god. However we all agree that science is an ever evolving field and I don't think that there will ever be any proof to support the existence of a supreme being, but I can't be 100% sure until there is concrete proof against one. I would like to know what all of your thoughts on this.  

Views: 13974

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We need thumbs down buttons. And then after 5 of them these types of posts disappear.

I always laugh when I see those kinds of posts here, since to gain membership they had to lie when answering some basic questions designed to keep this a site for non-theists. Who is interested in dialogue with someone who is dishonest right off the bat? Lol

since to gain membership they had to lie when answering some basic questions

Oh, Nietzsche! Not another bombastic troll who goes for quantity instead of quality. 

Hey Poll,

we are not interested in your 0.001 God, if he is there, he stay out of our business, we stay out of his business.

And I guess if we don't believe you or your version of magic and fairy tales, you or one of your friends will strap a bomb to your chest to prove you are right correct (9.5)? I'm sorry what is my punishment again for non-belief in your artist (4.89)? Does your artist let me beat my wife (4:34)? Your artist is a real peice of work, sort of like a Charles Manson meets Joseph Kony. I guess most of us here are 100% certain that if there ever was a god(which there isn't) it certainly wouldn't look like allah (small a). Now please go back to finger painting and pre-K, that is where your artist argument belongs.

Hey Poll,

You have the right to be idiot, but please stop telling people to be idiots, because you make fun of yourself here.

Dear Poll......Before you call Atheists  liers and whatever else, I suggest  you educate yourself  in Science which is based  on Facts.......From reading  your  ridiculous  diatribe it is obvious  you  have no idea  what science is.....How can you explain the Bible  which says  God  created  the universe in 6 days  and  then  took the 7th day off to rest....How is it possible that God  created  Eve  from Adam's  rib.  Is it a Miracle?    Who were  the witnesses and  where is the proof?    Since when  were  the very first humans  even able  to write  never mind  speak  words.....This is why  we  Atheists  questioned  the  fables  in the Bible....It is called  Rational  Thinking...I would be interested  to hear your response......

@ Atheist Nexus administrator, please block Poll Arthor from my site, I have heard all of his nonsense before and don't need to read it or consider it again.

Is it nature that creates?

Well, Nature is a part of existence is it not? This brings me to answer this question with the following question for you Poll Arthor:

Giving Existence itself is the Sum total of all that exists definition:

ex-is-tence (g-zstns)
n.
1. The fact or state of existing; being.
2. The fact or state of continued being; life: our brief existence on Earth.
a. All that exists: The sum of all existence.
b. A thing that exists; an entity.

This to which includes every force to cause, process, function, person, place, thing, or according to the question you purposed, Nature itself.. So here are my questions Future 2:

Q1: What is God without Existence?

Q2: If Existence is god, then what of existence is not when Existence is defined as all that exists?

Q3: If Existence is not GOD, Then what of existence is when Existence is defined as all that exists?

And lastly, and the more telling question to which answers your own:

Can you Poll Arthor, explain to me Causality, why we are here, how we got here, where we came from, life, consciousness, nature, states, forms, complexity, essence of being, reality, or existence itself without existence? 

So if you want to complain about others not directly answering your question(s), I dare say I am interested in seeing you answer mine. Hence the question isn't who, but rather what..

Poll Arthor's arguments are really bad. 

One idea I like is that mathematics really exists in some sense.  We are part of a very complicated mathematical system that became conscious.

The book Our Mathematical Universe by the cosmologist Max Tegmark explains this idea further.

This topic seems to be theist bait ;) 

Anything that talks of the possibility of atheists coming to believe is theist bait.  Earlier a theist showed up in a discussion about what it would take to convince you that God exists

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service