I wanted to put this question out there to see how strongly everyone feels on this subject. Being that most of us trust in scientific fact and reasoning, I was wondering if everyone is absolutely, undeniably, 100% sure that a god doesn't exist.  I personally take into account that there is no proof of any cosmic creator so therefore I am about 99.9999% sure that there is no god. However we all agree that science is an ever evolving field and I don't think that there will ever be any proof to support the existence of a supreme being, but I can't be 100% sure until there is concrete proof against one. I would like to know what all of your thoughts on this.  

Views: 12984

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How can we account for the transformation?

Open minded instead of right minded and next metaphor?

I suppose this is different for everybody, but for me anyway, if I had to pick one thing that I gained going from theism to atheism it would be learning to know when I don't know something.

So for me asserting that I know for certain that we are not living in a matrix w god as t programer, or knowing that I know a hiding god does not exist would largly be defeating t entire point of learning not to assert things for which thete is insufficient evidence.

Now that you bring it up, I think I would have to put myself in the 99.9% category. A proof that god doesn't exist is probably just as impossible as a proof that she does. If the .01% turned out somehow to be correct, (and really that's something we could never know) my take is it would have to be some sort of pantheism wherein the entire physical universe, including all of us, is god's body. If there is some sort of god (and I AM 100% sure it's not the great freudian daddy in the sky, looking like an aging Republican, sitting there with his adding machine to see how much we all contribute on Sunday morning.) the universe is something she IS, not something she MADE for us to trash. Agnostic v. atheist - whatever label is applied doesn't really matter. What matters is we don't fall for the fairy tales. And whatever is or isn't out there sure as hell didn't write a book!

You sly dog  Bertold.......I noticed  you referred to God as She......Very  ingenious....No one can prove  that God  is not a she.....or Black   for that mater.....Let the Theists  chew  on that!!!!!

She could even be gay!

Bertold.....Can  you imagine  that?   the Fundys  would  have  a conniption fit.....

godisgay.com!

Probably why the catholics don't like girls.

She might even be FABULOUS!  [ROFLMAO!!!]

You think she is less than he, or gay shoud burn in hell????

You totally  miss the point  Rick.........No one knows  what gender  God is  or what sexual  preference.......Because   no one has seen this entity........ 

The New Testament god is most likely male; he knocked up a mortal woman.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service