I wanted to put this question out there to see how strongly everyone feels on this subject. Being that most of us trust in scientific fact and reasoning, I was wondering if everyone is absolutely, undeniably, 100% sure that a god doesn't exist.  I personally take into account that there is no proof of any cosmic creator so therefore I am about 99.9999% sure that there is no god. However we all agree that science is an ever evolving field and I don't think that there will ever be any proof to support the existence of a supreme being, but I can't be 100% sure until there is concrete proof against one. I would like to know what all of your thoughts on this.  

Views: 12225

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know if the Creationists claim the beginning was 6,000; 6,000,000; or 6,000,000,000; years ago and it really doesn't matter.  With all the ways dating of fossils occur and with very strong confidence in the technology, we really do not have to wonder if evolution is valid.

There are so many Crockaduck ties at atheists meetings photos I was beginning to think they traded ties, until two people wore them in the same photo.

Attachments:

Glen, yes, I read that and Creationists are so eager to cast doubt on reason, any reason, and people looking for justifications for belief in god, so eager to find justifications, is why I changed my stand.  Watching Feynman videos this morning I ran across these little pieces:

Feynman Chaser - The Likelihood of Flying Saucers

http://youtu.be/wLaRXYai19A

Richard Feynman on God

http://youtu.be/YltEym9H0x4

As I wrote before, the problem is religion.  Until USA becomes less religious, we have no hope of educating people about the wonders of evolution. 

I cant say I am a 100% sure there is no god, but I can be almost 100% sure whatever one someone is trying to cram down my throat is not real.  Hell, I cant say there aren't any faeries or anal probing aliens, but I dont waste time making plans around them either.

So far what science have found out, it throws all gods under the bus!! We don't need a proof of a creator, or a creators creator, a creator of a creator, a man made creator, universe made G0D and on and on!!  Whats the point of this argument, anyone can create something by putting or transforming an existing thing, object, atoms, and so on, that was here in the first place!!   As every thing was here and only was transformed, evolved, or recycled, in a recycling process of the universe, of exploding stars, and evolving to something else, as we people evolve though leaning and evolving out of man made superstitious indoctrination of dogma of ruling creating GODS for tools for wealth, control, and glory of self righteous, as I got a G$D watching over my back, and I'm going to heaven and you are not, you are a sinner and you are not going to a afterlife!!! the more you give the more you live after life, and G$D don't have to pay any taxes!!!          F--k them the delusional theist!!!...................joe  

I am not 100% sure, but as you do because I feel there is no proof as of now i am in the 99% range

I am absolutely confident there is no god and went through a long process to come to that conclusion.  One reason I held out for so long was that I had worked in the civil rights movement of the 1960s and knew the strength and comfort blacks experienced in their churches.  I am sure some of them would have been lost had they not an anchor on which to secure themselves.  

Recently, as the Christian Right has gained more power and influence in politics and public education, I had to get off the fence. Creationism and Intelligent Design were coming into school science departments of my area and of course other communities have had law suits to keep them out.  I have no difficulty if Creationism and ID are in the history department or social studies, but not in any sciences.  We have lost too many kids to poor science education and our nation shows its effect.  Smart kids go into finance ... that is where all the money is ... and far too many who could learn science are not choosing that field.  Europe and Asia produce engineers and research scientists at a faster rate than USA.  

I was amazed to learn, according to the California Academy of Sciences, only 59% of U.S. adults know humans and dinosaurs did not coexist.  

Madison Burnett

It would be good if you can clear that bit of doubt. When you expect proof, remember that there need not be a positive proof for the existance of an imaginary thing. In fact, this is also the problem of theists. They also can not give a scientificaly sustainable proof of existance of god. For all you know, the 99.9% proof you have could be enough for a 100% disbelief in god.

MADHUKAR KULKARNI.

Hi Amanda,

I don't care enough to bother being sure one way or the other.

You live near a missile range??????

No wonder you don't care :)

Dude, I wouldn't be going back there.

Out of interest, can you hear them go off sometimes, and do they ever accidentally leave the range?

They still use it?

For war games?

I hope they don't train near any nuclear residue. 

I would love to go to the trinity sight

oh, is that what it is? Trinity site?

I thought it was a currently used missile site. 

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

Todd Crispin replied to John Jubinsky's discussion Hawking Likes Film on His Life in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
54 minutes ago
Patricia replied to Patricia's discussion Very Ancient Sharks Teeth Found in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
57 minutes ago
Todd Crispin liked John Jubinsky's discussion Hawking Likes Film on His Life
57 minutes ago
Todd Crispin replied to Patricia's discussion Very Ancient Sharks Teeth Found in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
1 hour ago
Todd Crispin posted discussions
1 hour ago
Freethinker31 replied to scott martins's discussion IS EVERYBODY 100% POSITIVE THERE IS NO GOD?
1 hour ago
Todd Crispin replied to Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion Pope Francis confesses that Evolution and the Big Bang theory are right: God isn't 'a magician with a magic wand' in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
1 hour ago
Patricia replied to Todd Crispin's discussion Unidentified Flying Objects?
2 hours ago
Profile IconTodd Crispin, Kristi H and Connor Galletly joined Dr. Terence Meaden's group
2 hours ago
Todd Crispin posted a status
"Sitting here eating sunflower seeds waiting for smart people to create a pill to make be skinny again....lol.."
2 hours ago
Todd Crispin replied to Todd Crispin's discussion Unidentified Flying Objects?
2 hours ago
Jimmy McCann replied to Dr. Terence Meaden's discussion Pope Francis confesses that Evolution and the Big Bang theory are right: God isn't 'a magician with a magic wand' in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
2 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service