"iPhone Version" under the "Main" heading makes me feel exluded :(

I've got an Android, and I'm thinking that WM users might not be too happy about that either.  Can you guys change it to mobile or smartphone version?  I really hate apple is all :/

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree; it's a poorly chosen label.
I think that the main reason is the previously enormous, currently dwindling, user base of iPhones. Most high quality optimizations of websites were originally developed towards iPhones. Since then a new species of phone evolved, but the other members of the environment still have not recognized it, especially because, and I may be wrong, the high quality mobile version of this website was developed before the Android boom. However, I agree, it should probably be changed. 

Well I hate apple, that's my own opinion based mainly for their business practices and the religious like zeal of their fans.  I think that all of the smart phone users need to be represented and I'd still say something even if it said "Android Version" (although I would certainly care a lot less.)

Mostly it irks me because it's just a mobile site that you can use with any smartphone (probably even "non smartphones" as well) and doesn't take you to the iTunes app store or anything.

I mean if Apple were donating to the A/N site I could understand this preference, but because of those previously mentioned business practices I know that they aren't.

I agree. I despise Apple's business practices, with the continual lying. Their entire company doesn't rest on the power or the usefulness of the computers, but rather on the stupidity of their users and the false image that is created by them. Apple would never sponsor this website, since most of their power stems off of lack of knowledge and curiosity, and since religious people are the best resources there, it would be stupid for them to support a website despised by the very group that holds them up.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service