Atheist Nexus Logo
So we can picture you sitting at the table with us, how about telling us your favorite food and drink?

I'm Ruth and you'll find me eating a cup of vanilla Greek yogurt, constantly refilling my teacup from a gigantic pot of hot green tea. (I share, you're welcome to some tea. :D)

Tags: favorite, food

Views: 879

Replies to This Discussion

Heyo! I'm Tori, and I enjoy vanilla Coca-Cola. I concur with most of my fellow females that chocolate is the best.

There isn't much else to know about me. I like video games, art, and books. :D

I'm Lisa.... I love a variety of mixed drinks .... Bloody Mary with asparagus spears..... Long Island Iced tea.... daiquiris, margaritas,  white russians....omg I LOVE cold OUZO !!!!     I also enjoy cafe mochas... extra strong coffee laced with sugar and French vanilla creamer......   Mexican food, steaks, prime ribs, Italian food ... sandwiches.... I like trying new dishes.

I like groups and forums in text as this is the best way to communicate with my deafness. I find it very difficult to find any physical groups where there would be atheists who use sign language.... There are PLENTY of churches with sign language interpreters and deaf people... i have left all that foolishness behind me several years ago.

I love learning.... art, history, films, books ..etc etc !!!

I'm Melani. I'm not fan of hot beverages, so I will just have lemonade, with a wedge of lime.

I'm 43, from SE MI, and enjoy reading.

Hi Melani!  I'm in SE Michigan, too!  Nice to find another freethinker in the area :)  

I'm not one to drink coffee or tea - hot or cold.  I'm a librarian, recently graduated and unemployed, but now I get to read a long list of books that aren't textbooks! :) 

I'll be burrowing into a tasty chocolate pastry and wash it down  with strong filter coffee

I love almonds and Diet Dr. Pepper Cherry.  All of you are making me hungry : ).  Lots of goodies on the replies here.

Hi everyone, new to the group. I'm Dawn.

I do not drink coffee, ever. So in the morning you would find me drinking a Tazo Chai Latte (cold). During the day it's ice water with some lemon, and sometimes at night Wisker's Blake port (yummiest cheap port ever). I'm pretty much a homebody so you won't catch me at the cafe very often, but ya'll are welcome to come here and hang by the pool.

Hi Mindy - We just started homeschooling this fall (almost 8yo and 5 yo) - so far so good. How long did your son homeschool? I'd love to think we'd stick with it through high school but taking it one year at a time. 

It's always great to hear from people that have made it work for them over the years. I am sure that if we make it to high school the boys will be doing some of their classes elsewhere too (math in particular). I can't even think that far forward to college! Plus I'm already 45 so I'll be old by then, probably ready to shoo them out the door ;) 

I bet you'll find ways to fill up your days. Enjoy them!

Hi Mindy,

Have you had a chance to take a look at the discussion Read Any Good Books Lately?  What's on your Bookshelf?"  Sounds like you will be able to make some good suggestions.   I just finished reading The Girl Who Plays with Fire and am going to start The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest today.  Roz

Wow, your daughter's response to CCD class is my maternal wet dream! My daughter is adopted and now 18. I fear that she will follow her birth mother into Pentecostal Christianity. My late husband and I raised her as a Jew (given his varying commitments, it was the least of many possible evils), so it would be easy for her to fall that way.

In large part because I live in the South, my daughter is anti-choice, so when she became pregnant by a boy from Craig's List whose name she could not remember, she was just old enough that I could not prevent her from keeping the baby. Now I financially support her and my grandson; as a widow I must say that it is tough!  

My daughter has ADD and was in a therapeutic boarding school before she dropped out in 10th grade; if there were any chance of her taking me seriously as teacher, I might have considered it. I look forward to hearing your updates!

Gloria

Just to clarify, Steve, my archetypal English maiden surname was Westcott. Then I married a Kenyan. We divorced two years later, and I kept Karei for years. However Kariuki's second wife did not like me having his last name, so I went to court and picked a name actually my own. I was trying to decide if I admired Susan B. Anthony more, or John Gardner (founder of Common Cause). My second husband suggested I hyphenate.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service